12 week pld baby not gaining enough weight - help please.!!!

rhian85

Reaction score
hello all,

our son was moved from SMA to cow and gate comfort, due to reflux. he has seen a peadiatrition for the reflux even though it has settled down. but we have been told he is not putting on enought weight for his age. he was a 10lb 14.5oz baby at birth but nowwe are being told he will have to be admitted to the childrens ward for tests which are routine if his weight does not reach the thick blue line on his charts.

has anybody else had problems with this ? what wa the cause - according to his charts he is not really that under weight but he isnt meeting the normal line.

advice needed please.

Rhian, 12 week old christopher xxxx

hi ya,
must be very worrying for you but please try not to worry too much, he was born a very good weight!
Aimee had reflux too and the doc didnt do much at all about it which i found very irratating as they are so uncomftable with it and the amount of sick stains on the carpet was driving me mad.
They told me first it would go at 3 months, then weaning then crawling. She is still sicky but no where near like she was. It does get better but is hard.
If it is really bad they sometimes have to do a small op as its to do with a flap that doesnt close up after birth in the throat so food/milk rises like heartburn.
Have you tried adding infant gavicon ?

I REPLIED TO THIS THREAD, WHY HAS IT BEEN DELETED ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back