Advice on WTT

flisstebbs

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to this section, looking for advice. Looking at threads, there are lots of similar things happening to others out there.

I have been ttc since Oct 2010. BPF just before xmas, then MMC in Feb11. Been ttc since MMC, but obviously not got anywhere yet.

I saw an amazing job advertised last month and out of nowhere decided to apply. Got an interview which I went to yesterday and they phoned later in the evening to talk about offers! Yay, cos it is amazing job, but oh whoops, now what do i do re:TTC???:oooo: I am right at O time this month, so decision may be out of my hands, but if AF appears in 2w, I am considering going back on the pill for 3-6 months

I have a 3 month notice period in my current job anyway, and don't want to join new team and immediately be thinking about maternity etc and would miss out on any benefits etc too if I arrive at new job preggers!

I am 32 now, 33 in Oct. OH same age and supportive of whatever I choose - this move may well see him staying at home with any baby that appears though!

Any advice?

:)

Tough one!

So glad I finally got this new job in January, MAT pay at my old job would have been tied to the commission which I was not happy about so, thankfully I've now just had my six month review and all is good, we'll TTC ASAP lol.

Can I ask why you notice period is so long?

Good luck hun
Lxx

Thanks Lander,

3 months is fairly standard for the role I'm in (NHS) and I can't see them letting me go early!

So you went for the new job and put things on hold then? Good luck to you TTC xx

Last edited:
We knew we'd wait 'til this year (so that we'd have been together more than a year and he'd have moved in lol) but once I got the confirmation from my old boss that the MAT pay would be based on the commission of the six week prior to MAT leave (i.e. not on say, the average of the last six months of year even) I knew I had to find another job and that would mean waiting at least six months so I'd do at least a year with them before going on MAT leave lol.

So here we are, living together, been together almost two years, I've been with my new company six months and we've been discussing baby names since October lol

Ooh that is a tough one. I think you need to decide which job is going to benefit you and your family more. If you want a baby now are you better off staying with your current job? Personally I wouldnt want to start a new amazing job and then go on maternity leave because although they are 'allowed' to I would feel I might be discriminated against if future opportunities arose. Alternatively you could settle into your new role, get to know the wheres and whats and then look at TTC. xx

Keep it coming - all good insights!

Pudds86 - current job so miserable want to get out regardeless, hence the spur of the moment application. If AF arrives in the next 2w I will prob take the job and put off ttc for a little while like you say to get into the new place. The new company are well known for being very family friendly so i would hope not discriminate.

What do you do hun? (if you don't mind me asking) xx

currently not much Cosmic, as I am off after a wrist operation!! Back next week though - I am currently working in the nhs but the move would be out into a drug company (much nicer perks!)

Oooh I work for the nhs too and would love a better paid job and more perks ;) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back