Another new person - me :)

NickandStacy

Reaction score
Hello all

I'm Nick and my wife Stacy took the home test which says pregnant - we are going to the Doctor on Monday and it is not exactly 100% now but I thought I would join up and do some research anyway :)

The first thing I am trying to find out is how much is private maternity care as I have absolutely no idea and haven;t been able to find this elsewhere on the internet.

Very grateful if anyone knows.

Thanks

Hiya welcome!

I have no idea on private prices, the NHS did a good job with me.

Good luck for the next 9 months :)

My sister went NHS (baby born last November) and it was fine apart from the odd mid-wife that was basically mean, I hear about that and some other stories so just worrying about nothing, as I just may do for the rest of my life for now on!

:D Hiya congrats, my midwife care was crap but the hospital couldnt do more for me! Talk over your options
Good luck :hug:

:wave: welcome, and congrats on ur bfp!
i dont kno about private prices, but i was happy with nhs care i received :)

hi & welcome! :wave: :cheer: :hug: I'm also happy with the nhs care I have received. Maybe see what your local community midwives are like before you go spending all that money :hug:

Hi and welcome I am another fan of the NHS my midwives and hospital have been fantastic.

Someone did tell me recently that they thought the midwife led service at the Portland Hosp in London was about £3,000. But I don't know for sure. I did have a look on their website but they don't have any prices posted. I am sure you can give them a ring and enquire.

:wave: :wave: :wave: welcome!

I think there's a lot of luck involved in the level of care you receive with the nhs. When my son was born unfortunately the maternity wards were bursting and with it being 4 days before xmas they were short staffed, so I did feel ignored. Other people I know have been to the same hospital and had a great level of service. I think it depends on how many women are in labour at once!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back