Anti baby competitions... am i the only one?

redbear

Reaction score
I have always hated baby beauty competitions where you send off pictures to a newspaper or whatever,
Mainly because i think it takes someone strange to sit and judge those competitions, how can someone say one baby is cuter than every other?
Also because all parents love there child and think its the cutest baby in the world (im the same) and i think its just upsetting for someone to turn to them and tell them another baby is cuter.
Also i wouldn't want someone sat looking at my daughter picking out her faults (not that she has any on my eyes lol)
I dunno they just creep me out really, im not competative so maybe thats why... but i get friends asking all the time to vote for there children in these things... and they get offended when i say no. I dont mind when the kids are a bit older if its something they want to do.
Is it just me that doesn't like them? xx

I agree Hun! Completely! I don't need to enter Joshua into a competition. I already know in my eyes he is the most cutest baby ever! I don't need other people to sit there and judge a photo of him!xx

I don't see any harm in them I guess. Its not really for me though. The ones i've seen are just a case of getting friends/family to vote so prob more of a case of how many folk you know!

I don't agree with baby/child pageants though. Yuck. Talk about giving a child a complex. That's more American though isn't it.

X

I wouldnt do it myself but dont see the harm in entering your baby in competitions - like to be the face of a baby product or something. However i think that any competition where people have to vote is completely rigged! Its just a popularity contest by the parents not remotely about how sweet the child looks

I dont think it does any halm its just i don't like them at all. Its more the judges that i dont like, i always wonder why they want to do that job?
I dont like those american beauty comps where they spray tan 5 year olds etc... i saw one where they had the kid wear false teeth because she had lost a baby tooth... its so harsh babies loose teeth that part of the cuteness!
I look at Alice and say how prefect she is... because she is my baby... i would hate someone to turn around and say no she has milk spots so this other baby is better.

their not really for me either (even though Will would definitely win ;) ) xx

I think it depends on the context

Lets say - Argos are looking for a cover model for a catalogue. Yeah id enter.

Babiesrus are doing a pageant. No way.

Both of these are made up btw!

Having said that, with the voting ones, if the prize was something we want or need eg a jumparoo, I'd enter.

I think the vote ones are a popularity comp really but still must make some mums feel shitty when they come low or last.

I entered O in a small one and he won a photoshoot! And one at the baby show! I don't see a problem it's a bit of fun :)

I know but some people take it too seriously and if they dont win get really bothered by it x

As long as the kids not subjected to any negative feelings. Those toddlers and tiaras mums male me want to cry sometimes!

I entered O in a small one and he won a photoshoot! And one at the baby show! I don't see a problem it's a bit of fun :)

I'd DEFO enter one to win a photoshoot as I'm gagging to get one done as it is lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back