Anyone else feeling like this?

kimmumof2

Reaction score
Hi all, i have had a runny nose for about 6 weeks and everytime i wake up my left ear is blocked and doesnt go back to normal until around dinnertime. was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. it aint a cold cus got no other symptoms or aches n pains just my sineses are blocked up. i heard the ear thing could be pregnancy related but what about a runny nose. i also sneeze about 8 times a day which is really annoying. sorru its a bit trivial but just wondering whats wrong with me!!

xxxxx

I did read some where that a runny nose is a pregnancy symptom. Cannot remember where I read it or why it happens though, sorry!

I have got it too - though not sure whether it is just my hayfever making an early appearance!

kimheath said:
Hi all, i have had a runny nose for about 6 weeks and everytime i wake up my left ear is blocked and doesnt go back to normal until around dinnertime. was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. it aint a cold cus got no other symptoms or aches n pains just my sineses are blocked up. i heard the ear thing could be pregnancy related but what about a runny nose. i also sneeze about 8 times a day which is really annoying. sorru its a bit trivial but just wondering whats wrong with me!!

xxxxx

A cold would normally go away by itself after a few days. As you had the symptoms for a while, was wondering if you could be allergic to something, especially with the sneezing and runny nose?

i dont have any allergies that i know of or i dont think i have been using anything different but i suppose that could change during pregnancy. i dont usually suffer from hayfever but maybe its that because of being pregnant? i have no idea! xxx

Hi kim,

any problems with the mucus membranes (including nose) are very common in pregnancy. It's usual to get blocked nose/sinuses etc, with no other cold-related symptoms. In fact there are conditions known as pregnancy-related sinusitis or rhinitus of pregnancy which are exclusively probs in those areas. So you're completely normal don't worry!

For the last 2 weeks I had a blocked right nostril which was particularly annoying at night when I would wake up with the driest mouth all the time! I started using the breathe right nasal strips and they were fabulous! Really helped a lot.

Apparently steaming can also help.

xxx

Hi Kim,

I've had a blocked nose every morning for about 3 weeks, it goes away during the day though.
N x

Hi

Ever since my first pregnancy with Kiara i started having sinus issues and this pregnancy is much worse i have now had a stuffed up nose for about 2 years now and its so annoying!!! i cant eat with my mouth closed either which is not good when i go out for dinner i look like a slob. :?
Im guessing yours is pregnancy related too, and allergy season is starting so maybe if you have out door allergies? which i have as well.
No suggestions though :think:

Katrina

Sounds like it could be an allergy but also I've read a few times that blocked noses are common in pregnancy.

I had a cold/blocked/runny nose for 5 weeks. Doc thought it was an allergy but gave me anti-biotics anyway and *touch wood* it's gone :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back