Anyone ever get negative opks but ov signs?

LD1978

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

This is my first month using opks and got the clear blue digis which was doing in the morning. Was a bit worried about using fmu so got some cheapies which arrived yesterday. I've been getting cm but the opks have been negative. The cheapie last night had a line and today I've had pains in my right hand side which have gone and my cm seems to of dried up. Tested again when came home with clear blue and cheapie and still negative with the cheapie even fainter than last night. I'm now worrying I'm not ovulating properly and that's why they haven't been positive. Have been charting for a few months and temps have gone up so assumed was ov'ing. Sorry for the long post. Xx

My doc has done blood tests that say I'm ov, and all the signs, but have never had a positive result on OPK's. It seems some women just don't. Also, the instructions tell you to test at the same time everyday, the length of time that the hormonal surge that the sticks measures varies from person to person (possibly from cycle to cycle too I dunno). So your surge might last only 12 hours, so if you are testing at the same time everyday you could miss it on the tests, but it has still happened.

Think I might get some cheap tests off internet and test twice a day next month just for a wee experiment to see if I can get a positive that way.

Hi Hun
I test about 10am 1 ish and again about 9pm
Sounds alot but I'm paranoid I'll miss it if I do it every 24hours incase I miss it.
I got some opk's off eBay and they are ok. I just got a few one lines then these last few days I've had two lines but one dark and one light so I'm guessing I'm ov so doing lots of BD!! Today is day 15 so it's about right.
Will find out in 2 weeks??? Keeping fingers crossed

Xx

Thanks ladies - Ive got the cheapies now but only used last 2 days - Weds line not as dark as control, yesterday no line and today temp has gone up so am thinking I have ovulated. I have used the digi's every morning though and they were negative so I have tested twice daily the last 2 days and looks like I have Ovd yesterday. Surely one of the tests would of picked it up?

Im going to get my day 21 bloods done too as Ive had short luteal phases and spotting 9/10DPO since coming off the pill. I cant help but think all these things means theres something wrong :-( xx

No there won't be anything wrong it'll just be your body getting used to coming off the pill. Don't panic xx

No there won't be anything wrong it'll just be your body getting used to coming off the pill. Don't panic xx

ha ha thanks hun - I do think I need to check myself sometimes! I cant help but think somethings up with my body. I hope your right and it is just the pill x

That's good your temp has gone up and I think they can give you something to lengthen your luteal phase to so try not to worry too much. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back