Anyones LO's Lactose Intollerant?

Maybe_mummy

Reaction score
Title says it all really just wondering if anyone LO's have experienced this as could really do with some advice, I know wrong section but here seems much busier.

Thanks in advance for your help

My little girl is lactose intolerant we found out when she was 4.5 months old after many doctors visits. What would you like too know hun?, x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

My son developed an intolerance to lactose after catching a stomach bug when he was 3 months old. We used sma lactose free formula and he thrived. The stomach repaired and we slowly introduced dairy when he was about 8 months, by 1 he was fine to drink milk.

Thanks for your replies, my LO started off on SMA gold and after a week or so devloped sickness on it and what looked like colic, it was suggested to me that we tried switching formula and trying Cow and Gate Comfort. We switched her onto it and seemed to help for a while and no sickness and colic seemed slightly better (we were using gripe water and dr brown bottles) but noticed she seemed to be getting more and more bunged up and pushing constanty for a poo. Since then shes also been getting like cramps about 1/2 an hour to 2 hours after shes eaten (for example shes fed at 11am and started with the cramps about quater of an hour ago!) r, on Monday she was so bad couldnt put her down and she wouldnt sleep. Ended up going back to Dr's and he said it could be the colic taking on a different form and prescribed dentinox also said she could be lactose intollerant so gave us a prescripiton for lactose free milk.

We tried the Dentinox in the Comfort Milk and I cant say Ive seen a difference at all shes still pushing and what is like cramps as seems to come in waves . We decied to take her off and try Aptamil normal and shes been really sick off that but managed to have a 'healthy poo'.

So does it sound like lactose intollerance or do you think shes just a really colicky baby? Dr's arent much help so asking for help from mums in the know.

We have been prescribed Enfamil O lac gave her one bottle today I suppose it takes a while to work?

Should mention that she seems to get a lot of hiccups and this is at any time and also a lots of pumps!

Thanks X

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies, my LO started off on SMA gold and after a week or so devloped sickness on it and what looked like colic, it was suggested to me that we tried switching formula and trying Cow and Gate Comfort. We switched her onto it and seemed to help for a while and no sickness and colic seemed slightly better (we were using gripe water and dr brown bottles) but noticed she seemed to be getting more and more bunged up and pushing constanty for a poo. Since then shes also been getting like cramps about 1/2 an hour to 2 hours after shes eaten (for example shes fed at 11am and started with the cramps about quater of an hour ago!) r, on Monday she was so bad couldnt put her down and she wouldnt sleep. Ended up going back to Dr's and he said it could be the colic taking on a different form and prescribed dentinox also said she could be lactose intollerant so gave us a prescripiton for lactose free milk.

We tried the Dentinox in the Comfort Milk and I cant say Ive seen a difference at all shes still pushing and what is like cramps as seems to come in waves . We decied to take her off and try Aptamil normal and shes been really sick off that but managed to have a 'healthy poo'.

So does it sound like lactose intollerance or do you think shes just a really colicky baby? Dr's arent much help so asking for help from mums in the know.

We have been prescribed Enfamil O lac gave her one bottle today I suppose it takes a while to work?

Should mention that she seems to get a lot of hiccups and this is at any time and also a lots of pumps!

Thanks X

Have u tried gripe water for her cramps xx

We were using gripe water in the beginning but not since we using the dentinox is it ok to mix the two do you think? X

My LO has similar symptoms but he has reflux. We were prescribed Enafamil AR for it, starting it tomoz. I've read it takes 2 weeks for new formula to work.

xxxxxxxx

Thats the problem symptoms of reflux, colic and lactose intoerance seem very similar X

Right I apologise this will be long.

Tegan spent most of her days crying, not being fed properly (was breasfeeding), being sick and generally in pain.

Went to docs she was diagnosed with reflux and given gaviscon, it didn't help and made her constipated. Back to the doctors they prescribed rantidine she seemed better for a couple of days then back too square one.

Back to the doctors and told too carry on as it would take a while to work, 4 months old introduced a bottle of formula and she developed a rash, back to doctors who finally refered us too peaditrician.
He said she was lactose intolerant which was causing colic and reflux was told too cut out dairy and prescribed sma lactofree and within 24 hours I had a different babys!! Xx

We changed her milk yesterday to the lactose free stuff, and she seemed happier hardly any sickness and deinfately less cramps but as the day went on she took less and less of her feed, last night she woke earlier than normal tried to feed her she took 3 oz then refused anymore and scremaed and got worked up cos she was hungry, eventually we gave in and made her a bottle of comfort and she had a few oz and fell asleep. Arghhhh gave her another comfort bottle this mornign and a was sick a bit and cramps looked like they were back but not in full force. Should I see if I can try her on the SMA lactose free see if it suits her better?

We changed her milk yesterday to the lactose free stuff, and she seemed happier hardly any sickness and deinfately less cramps but as the day went on she took less and less of her feed, last night she woke earlier than normal tried to feed her she took 3 oz then refused anymore and scremaed and got worked up cos she was hungry, eventually we gave in and made her a bottle of comfort and she had a few oz and fell asleep. Arghhhh gave her another comfort bottle this mornign and a was sick a bit and cramps looked like they were back but not in full force. Should I see if I can try her on the SMA lactose free see if it suits her better?

I would definatly try the sma lacofree hun, tegan would never drink the other one as it tasted so different.

You can buy the sma from boots but you can also get it prescribed xx

Thanks going to give it a go and fx makes a difference just dont want to see her suffer anymore! X

its twice as expensive as normal formula. We bought the first tin and because it suited Ben so much, I contacted the doctor and he then gave it on prescription.

Its redicoulous how expensive it is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back