As hit google and scared!!

1986princess

Reaction score
Couldn't help it has to research about twin pregnancies and wish I hadn't! Apparently the risk of miscarriage is higher with twins and even higher with identical twins! I want to feel reassured aftery scan and seeing the heartbeats but can't now. Also read about twins that had gone at 16 and 18 weeks and there are quite a few stories! My first pregnancy was a
Missed miscarriage at 5 weeks but thought I was 11weeks and it was a blighted ovum never developed anything
In sac so at least I'm furthur on but still need to get to 20 weeks to feel safer. Is there anything I can take or do to help increase my chance of being ok? Xx

Chill out! You need to relax and not worry as everything you see will send you barmy. It's scary being pregnant and google doesn't make it any easier xxx

Thanx Hun I suppose alot of the time
Ppl only put the negatives down rather than the happy stories! Hits try and stay positive but terrified now family and friends know
That something bad will happen. Hoping
And praying it won't xx

Princess you need to move away from the keyboard. Google is evil like that. You know you've got two healthy bubs in there so try and focus on that for now. You'll get extra monitoring from your hospital so I hope that'll help put your mind at rest.

Step away from the google :) ur twins were doing great at ur scan so I am sure they will do fantastic! And soon be double trouble for mummy

Google is very much a negative place. But I think Google does that just to highlight the dangers of anything. That way if someone is worried about something, after going onto Google, they'll most likely seek professional help.

I think if you want to see lovely success stories of most things, the best place is on t.v. and in magazines/newspapers.

Hun, twin pregnancies are extremely common these days, it's triplets and quads that prove dangerous. Like 'Baby Hospital' on t.v. the other night :( Two of the triplets sadly died.

Also, any pregnancy can be dangerous, whether it be a genetic problem or complications with the pregnancy/birth itself. Nobody can tell any of us pregnant women if our babies are going to be healthy and well. Even if we get the all clear with blood tests and scans, there still could be complications with birth. I still haven't had my blood results back yet but that's not really my main concern, it's birth complications that concern me the most. In fact only til recently did I find out about the complications during birth and just how serious birth is. I thought the baby would just fly out but that's not always the case.

I hope I haven't scared you, you shouldn't be terrified like this though. Of course us pregnant women are worried but terrified we should not be. Billions of women have done all of this long before us.

Like the others have said, try to think about the positives! Your two little miracles are growing at an outstanding rate right now, and although we're the one's that guide them and nurture them, they still know what they're doing! Which is the amazing thing about pregnancy. Both you and I were their size once. It's truly fascinating.

I wish you all the best with your pregnancy and again, just try to relax.
And in the mean time stay off Google! It's good to get information out of the internet sometimes, but it can take over our sensibility too. If you're really worried about something, contact your doctor/midwife or come to us girls here. xxx

Last edited:
Oh hun don't worry and try to enjoy your pregnancy. My friends wife recently had twins, she managed until 37 weeks and delivered both naturally so it's not all doom and gloom, people just write more about the bad things than the good bits x

i agree with the other ladies.. stay away from google. its the devil i hate it and used to get my self so worked up! all you can do is relax, eat healthy and enjoy your pregnancy! 2 of my best friends have twins and they both carried until 38 weeks, and had no problems whatsoever! there are twins being born all over the world every day! look at those people who have triplets and sextuplets! lol.
you will probably be monitored alot more anyway with carrying two babies, which is good for you! good luck with the rest if your pregnancy try and enjoy it because time will fly!!!=))

hey babes, dont worry.. google is very negative..
its always about the negative side of EVERYTHING!!
people rarly put good news on there!! x x x x

Hi hunnie, I felt like you when I was pregnant with my id twins, you will be just fine. I gave birth at 37.5 weeks, they were 5llb 5oz and 5llb 9oz and healthy. You'll be just fine, twin pregnancies don't necessarily end pre-term, just try to relax, pm me any time hunnie x

Thanx for all the support ladies, I just read an article that scared me about high chance of miscarriage and should try not to read too much into things xx perhaps il feel less anxious after the next month has passed xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back