Bedtime routines?

mikid

Reaction score
Hey lades, was just wondering at what stage you stared setting a bedtime routine for your little one and what that routine was?

Ella is now 2 weeks and 5 days and it feels a little early to be 'putting her to bed' before we go up?

Most nights she only sleeps for 1-2 hours between feeds (im breastfeeding) so wondered if this is because she's hungry, or a comfort thing because i've spoiled her and not got her settled into a routine?!

Any advice wouls be fab!

I was rubbish, I only started putting him to bed before us at about 5months and started a proper bedtime routine at 6months! He is really good now though. I would do what's best for you while your LO is still so young xxx

I started at 6 weeks with a proper routine of bed, massage then feed (on my side in bed with the lights low usually) and it worked!

Really wish we would've done it sooner as weeks 4&5 were pure hell.

I started a bedtime routine from the day he was born and have done the same thing every night since. He loves bedtime cos he knows what's coming but I didn't start putting him to bed early until he was 4 weeks old

Oh and his routine is, lie him on his changing mat on bathroom floor, undress him and take nappy off so he can have a good kick for 5mins, then top n tail him, put nappy, vest and sleepsuit on, lie him on my bed in my room that's dimly lit, go quickly warm his bottle up, feed him, lie him in cot awake with his night show on then turn light off, leave room x.

I started with Aiden at about 4 weeks..
He usually feeds about 6/6:30 and then we'll have some play time, about 7 I give him a bath which he loves! Then do a bit of baby massage, put his pyjamas on and by then he usually wants another feed around 8, at 8:30/8:45 I'll put him in his moses basket and he's always asleep by 9 :)
You start whenever you feel ready chick x

Still dont really have one :whistle:

She has dinner bath and bed at the same time every night trying to get her into a routine, and is asleep by 7:30 most nights - but then will usually be wide awake half an hour later! I decided from the offset I wasnt going to get stressed about bed time so I just get her up again if she wont settle back down until I go to bed about 10 (we co-sleep) then she sleeps right through till about 8am.

I havent got a routine properly yet with zak cos I dont want to leave him upstairs on his own. I still try feed and bath/wash him at the same time ( ish) but nothing set really. Plus my OH works til 9 so I like him to see zak awake . Hes doing ok with sleeping tho... normally asleep around midnight then up at 5ish and then back asleep til 9/10. x

Thanks girls, seems like quite a variety so not gonna worry myself too much, just play it out for another week or so i think and see how she goes!

I like the idea of doing some baby massage before bed though ... Where did you girls learn what to do? Should i look out for classes?

Thanks girls, seems like quite a variety so not gonna worry myself too much, just play it out for another week or so i think and see how she goes!

I like the idea of doing some baby massage before bed though ... Where did you girls learn what to do? Should i look out for classes?

I did a baby massage course at my local surestart childrens centre, Zach loves his massages x

yeah i done similar to LM routine sorta from day one just cos i sorta thot shell never know any different , and from v early i done naps etc upstairs on her own in complete darkness ( i have an irrational fear of her having a fear of the dark pmsl so she has not lights on ever haha), defo what works for you but a routine at some stage earlyish i wud advise! cos u need 'me time' !! xxx

Your local sure start centre should do them. Mine do a five week course and they go over lots of different things and baby massage is one, they also do a days first aid course with a 3 year certificate at the end! I dont know if all sure start centres do this but its worth looking into, I've just started mine and its a lot of fun :)

i was going to start the same thread! i have found myself thinking about this a lot. basically my evenings have turned into about 7pm feed, bath, massage with oilatum as she has really dry skin, then pyjama time, another feed and sleep. as im breastfeeding on demand it varies with timings, and whether shes grumpy or whatever, i like to bath her when shes happy (she has awake times of full on alertness bless her so i take advantage and bath her) and then everything else just kind of flows depending on feeds basically! she only wakes up twice in the night at the moment so thats a bit of a bonus! i think ill just see how the next few weeks change and pan out and ill go from there on trying to sort a proper routine x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back