Borderline anaemic

kaz1983

Reaction score
MW has just phoned to say the blood she took on Sunday has shown Im borderline anaemic so she is giving me a prescription for Iron tablets to start taking. I have heard stories about Iron being rank to take but its a necessity so I will take it faithfully. I am also going to up myfibre as the last thing I want is for them to make me constipated which i know can happen too.

This might explain why I have been a little more tired with less energy I thought it was just what came with later stage of pregnancy and I was just resting more to try and alleviate it

Just wondered if anyone has had any of the side effects from taking Iron and how you overcame them?thanks xx

Heya!!

I am boarderline anemic too, my MW prescribed me with iron tablets but I have never been compatible with them and get terrible constipation....

Insted I take two Spatone sachets each day and make sure I have enough kale, spinach and a bit of red meat. It seems to be working and my HB count has increased.

x

Heya!!

I am boarderline anemic too, my MW prescribed me with iron tablets but I have never been compatible with them and get terrible constipation....

Insted I take two Spatone sachets each day and make sure I have enough kale, spinach and a bit of red meat. It seems to be working and my HB count has increased.

x

Thanks Karate Kid

MW said if it doesnt agree with me they would give me Lactulose to soften my popp (TMI) but when I was talking to the girls in the office here one of them mentioned thos eSpatone sachets and although they dont sound appealing if they dont make me constipated I will drink them day and night lol

Seeing Consultant on Monday so Im sure if I start taking these iron tablets tomorrow once I have them he might wana recheck my HB to see whats happening

Hubby is happy cos he has said i will just have to eat more steak (in other words he wants steak lol) x

I was given iron tablets and couldn't get on with them, they made me sick. So I was taking 2 Spatone a day, but when I had my bloods done iron was still to low. Consultant has prescribed me iron syrup stuff which has as much iron as the tablets
It actually doesn't make me sick and doesn't taste awful like you'd imagine! Also no constipation yet!

Hope you get on ok with them :)
Using tapatalk so excuse the typos!

I was given iron tablets and couldn't get on with them, they made me sick. So I was taking 2 Spatone a day, but when I had my bloods done iron was still to low. Consultant has prescribed me iron syrup stuff which has as much iron as the tablets
It actually doesn't make me sick and doesn't taste awful like you'd imagine! Also no constipation yet!

Hope you get on ok with them :)
Using tapatalk so excuse the typos!

Its good to hear that alternatives are available and are working for you girls its very reassuring to know Im not the only one with this

If I can avoid the constipation I can handle any other side effect

Will keep you posted how I get on with them or if me and Mr I Ron fall oot haha x

I've been taking ferrous fumarate tablets three times a day for about three weeks now because my iron levels showed I was borderline anaemic. I've been lucky and not had any problems with them, only side effect has been black poo - oh the joys :shock: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back