Bottle Teats

BubbleOne

Reaction score
I hadn't thought anything about Phoebe's bottle teats until me and Sami were talking about different flow teats.

Phoebe is nearly 5mths and is still using slow flow teats. She seems perfectly happy so can I just leave her on these until she starts to show frustration if she isnt getting her milk fast enough?

We have tried her with fast flow (anti colic bottles) but they are way too fast for her.

We also have tried variable teats but she couldn't seem to drink from them properly.

She is still only taking 5-6oz per bottle.

Aimee is around the same age and she is on Avent number 2 teats, the fast ones just choke her and if she does drink any she will just bring it back up. Also she will only take a 3oz bottle and 4oz now and again.

Hiya bubbleone

How about trying her on number 2 to see how she reacts? She might get a bit more milk if it's easier.

Yeah but if she's perfectly happy with slow flow then is it fine for her to stay on them?

You hear about them not drinking juice from bottles etc so now she is teething I was a bit worried that maybe her milk would linger in her mouth for longer so stick to her teeth!! Sounds stupid but ho hum!!!

I don't suppose it really matters hun, I don't think there would be a medical reason to change, just some babies get frustrated when they're hungry.

Ella would take less EBM if we had a slow teat on it, she'd fall asleep. She has a number 2 teat and takes more milk and faster.

Rubie has been on number 3 teats since 6 weeks :shock:

Kim said:
Rubie has been on number 3 teats since 6 weeks :shock:

haha that made me laugh - dunno why. i just imagined you making that shocked face and rubie looks a bit suprised like 'uh oh' in your footer too hahaha imagined her drinking really fast tee hee

eva has number 2 teats - i thought they were slow flow dammit! and now i notice a sly little 2 hidden on them. i dont even know why i'm annoyed at that, i just thought they were slow flow and now that they aren't i feel irritated haha

i have a cold and i think they medicine is going to my head!! :dance: 8)

lol you made me laugh too!! she did gag a bit at first and it all dribbled down her face but she was a lot happier that she could get the milk quicker. perhaps that's why she is sick so much?? god i'm thick :oops: :doh: oh well no point in going backwards now, she'll only be on bottles another 2 months then she will go onto milk from a beaker (hopefully)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back