Bouncer or Swing??

EllieBelle

Reaction score
I have spent ages looking at bouncers and finally decided on the Fisher Price Newborn to Toddler Rocker, as like the idea it can be used by toddlers and not just babies.

http://www.mothercare.com/Fisher-Price-newborn-to-toddler-rocker/dp/B000N1XV70

but then I also found the Fisher Price Smart Stages Swing, which can also be used upto toddler age:

http://www.mothercare.com/Smart-sta...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=44390031&mcb=core

So now I am totally confused on whether a swing or bouncer would be the best buy???

Any comments on either product would be gratefully received.....

Its all up to baby preference really.

My baby loves her swing but hates the bouncer we have.

Its really up to you but I would get the swing as its not that expensive considering it goes to toddler age and maybe get a cheaper bouncer if you decide you want both pieces of equipment.

Poppy hates the swing but loves her bouncer.

Unfortunately it's one of those things you don't really know until after baby is born :wall:

Chloe also hates her swing. The bouncer was a miracle worker in those early weeks when she was really unsettled with tummy problems.

All my first 3 loved their bouncers! Lola doesnt! :( Im going to get her a swing as she loves to be rocked!

Hmmm..its a tough one, which you wont really know until youve met your baby. We have got both, and Eden loves them equally. We tend to use the swing if she is a bit grumpy and tired as it will soothe her before I put her down to sleep, and the bouncer we use more for play and interaction, so we definitely get full use out of both. They do take up a lot of room though, so I wouldnt suggest getting both unless youve got space, or they fold flat for storage. Luckily ours both fold away so we shove them in the cupboard at the end of the day :D

Galen tolerated his bouncer chair in the early weeks but wasn't a fan really. He then was ok in it for a little while at a time, 20 minutes top but at about 16 weeks he started to try to sit forward and to lean over the side and so it was useless as I could not leave him sat in there as he just wanted to escape.

We never got a swing.

It really does depend on the baby tbh. You might find you buy the bouncer and LO hates it so its £54 wasted. Same with the swing. Hence why we just got a basic bouncer chair which did the job for as long as it was needed.

I never had a swing with my first child but our 2nd baby was very colicky for the first 6 weeks and we managed to borrow a swing from our friends. It's been a godsend. It really helped soother her when she was suffering. She's no longer suffering with colic but the swing is so handy for mealtimes, she's quite happy to sit in it whilst we eat.

We had a bouncer from mamas and papas but it's barely been used with either of them as it doesn't bounce.

I would go for the swing personally. There's a fisher price on half price in Argos. A friend has the fisher price vibrating bouncer chair which is fab. I would recommend that one if you were going to get one.

I have both, only because my mate gave us a swing, but i found the bouncer was a bighit with Hope, especially for naps :D

I'm confued (easily done :lol: ) I can see a rocker and a swing but not the bouncer people are recommending :?
If you get the rocker you have to rock it, if you get the swing it goes itself. Swings take up a lot of floor space though.

To be honest, I wouldn't get either. The swing will take up an incredible amount of space (we looked at them but although the seat is small the frames are big) and the rocker chair will work with a little baby and with a toddler maybe but inbetween wouldn't work as babies lean all over the place. I wouldn't put DD in one at the moment as it wouldn't be safe. She hasn't liked lying back on toys for many months.

i would get this from birth: http://www.mothercare.com/Fisher-Price- ... 1&mcb=core

Then this from about 4 months old: http://www.mothercare.com/Fisher-Price- ... 1&mcb=core

I know the first one is far from pretty but we played extensively with them in the shop and eventually I caved and bought it because although awful colours (IMO) it was by far the best. It is more reclined than most others so suitable for little babies without their heads flopping to the side. It has good bounce to it and can vibrate. You'd be surprised how many have very little in the way of bounce to them.

These are what we got and we are really pleased we did.

The swing in that last post looks very dull for a baby. Everyone that I know who has bought beige things for baby has regretted it.

I forgot to tell you about Bee and Panda. they come with the bouncer chair i mentioned and are a huge hit with all babies. We have 5 friends with the same bouncer (once baby is here they will play with other people's things and you will find yourself buying their favourites :) ) and they all love Bee and Panda, tell them about their day etc. Although we have packed away the chair bee is still here :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back