Boyfriend pregnancy game changer.

_riley_86

Reaction score
Hey,
I just need to rant.
Im 17 weeks pregnant. Ive been with my boyfriend for 10years solid. We bought our first home last year, chatted about children..both decided that we never wanted them. Over Christmas we got sloppy with contraception. Mid jan.. everything changed. When i found out we were pregnant... i wasnt happy. I didnt want it... i told my bf..he said it was my fault im pregnant. Ive ruined our lives. And pushed for an abortion. Even though i didnt want this baby..i couldnt get rid of it. Bf couldnt understand that..and by me not having an abortion ment to him that i really wanted this..and that ive trapped him and used him for his sperm and planned this since day one. He wouldnt really let me speak or listen to anything i could say.
I get that the news was hard for him to process as it was me...and how he could feel trapped.. it just hurt alot hearing it all. Over time we have got to a normal place again... just about... But i dont think our relationship is gunna survive.. he wont talk about the baby or anything related to it.
We go downhill mountain biking... its abit dangerous.. ive been very cautious since and have been taking it slow and only doing the easy runs..he got really annoyed at me for this..
Hes not happy for me to put up congratualtion cards from our familys. I was the one who told his family about the preganacy in letters.. he agreed todo it that way. Other wise they still wouldnt know.
Its making me feel down and question our relationship..10 years..and its like hes a different person. I just dunno..
I get that it takes time to get your head around it...its life changing.. im still doing that myself.. would just be nice if he would be there aswell... do it together.

Hi, I am sorry to read about your situation. I want to wish all the best for all of you. x

I'm sorry you're in a tough situation. He sounds like an immature knobhead in my opinion. You didn't get yourself pregnant. If your boyfriend really gets mad that you're putting your health above doing something fun, then imo he's not worth your time... If you're with someone for 10 years you should be able to support them through anything.

In saying this, 17 weeks is still early, so he may come around and be less of a jerk when you look more pregnant and he can feel the baby move. Or he may come around when baby is born... but he might not. I guess you need to decide if you want to wait around or not. People tend to show their true colours when these sort of situations come up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back