breastfeeding and C-section

skatty

Reaction score
Hi, this is a question for Mums that have had an elective c-section. Are you able to breastfeed on the first day? I'm concerned because I haven't had any leaking from my nips at all so how will I be able to feed my baby straight away as recommended?

For the first approx 3 days the baby just has colostrum from you until your milk comes in at around day 4 :) You can't squeeze or express loads of this out which is fine because they literally need a few drops :)

Do you think I'll have any? Does it take a while before my boobs realise the baby has been born?

Thank you for answeing by the way :D

just as in a noatural birth you can put the baby to the breast straight away (or as soon as you can). :)
Be awarethat coz you're having baby early though skatty hshe may need some special care. The chances are she may not but you never know. In that case be prepared to express your colostrum/milk untilshes strong enough to feed from you. :hug:

skatty said:
Do you think I'll have any? Does it take a while before my boobs realise the baby has been born?

Thank you for answeing by the way :D

i never leaked at all during pregnancy and my 19lb daughter is still breastfed so don't worry. when the placenta is delivered a message gets to your brain to start producing milk.

I didn't leak either unless I squeezed and squeezed :rotfl:

Thank you everyone :D

Yes Budge they did warn me she may have to go to SC for a bit :( Do you know if its possible for me to eat more now so that she will be a good weight or will it all just accumalate on my thighs? :lol:

it will accumulate on your thighs Skatty! :rotfl: :rotfl: you are funny!
I think she'll be fine and a good weight - think positive!

OK, not a good excuse to scoff more chocolate then :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back