Bubba Losing Weight ???? Please Help

lindseylou

Reaction score
I last got Jess weighed 2 weeks ago and her weight gain has always been fine, but today she lost 2 oz. :shock:

She has been a little snotty in the last week and she tried some formula milk on Fri-Sat so was a little constipated. HV said to get her weighed next week and make sure she feeds well but I'm really worried.

Has anyone experienced the same?

She is now being a bit fussy with feeds- not feeding for long pulls away and cries so I try to wind her but she leans back as if wants more, so put her on other side same thing will happen within few mins so wind her then try to put her back on, not interested but is still fussy/upset :wall:

Should I try formula again but worried about constipation????

Is she really constipated? coz that's what I thought when I switched my LO totally to formula at 1 month and a half!! when he was breast feeding he uses to pass stool every now and then and it was very soft but once on formula he didn't pass for a day so I got worried and asked the Dr who told me not to worry and keep an eye if he is still constipated I could give him a little lactulose solution or a suppo....but the next day he passed a bit of hard stool and the day after he passed once a day and that was the routine more or less once a day!!
so maybe she is not comfortable coz she uses to pass stool more than once!?
try give her some water between feeds it will help things out coz formula is stronger on their tummies than breast milk...

I didn't weigh my LO constantly but up to 3 months he was nice and chubby..but once he started to move and turn he lost weight which is not a big of concern coz he feeds well!

don't worry too much hun coz switching from BM- to formula is sometimes a difficult phase and soon she'll get adjusted...btw ask ur Dr about the formula u r using and if it didn't suit her maybe she'll prefer another one :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back