Came up with a boy and girls name.

emmielucy

Reaction score
I've chosen Evie-Lilly (double barrelled) as the first names a girl. And David Dylan. For the names of a boy. I don't like the name David but it's tradition on my dads side of the family.

lovely name choices, wow you are organised ,to have it all sorted soo soon- well done you

If your not keen on david , does family tradition allow Dylan to be the first name and David the middle name?

David has to be first name :(

Oh that's a bit limiting then for a family tradition, do none of the Davids mind not being the only David?:roll: It is a nice traditional name, but nicer to choose I guess.

Could you have a double barrel name?

I'd compromise and have David as a middle name if you don't like it xx

You shouldnt settle with David if your not keen its your child. But I dont know why its tradition so I guess you may not get out of it. For what its worth I actually like David as a name. I love Dylan too tho

Last edited:
Even though it has to be David first, perhaps call him by his middle name? I have an uncle called Christopher Anthony - and he has always bee called Tony.

Lovely girls name :)

Yeah we have called all the davids by their middle name

My niece is called Evie-Leigh so very similar, I love the name. I'm not keen on David as a first name either, its my dads name, seems a bit 'old' for a baby, Dylan cute though so at least you can call him that instead, lots of people go by middle names.

I don't understand why you would call your child David if you don't like the name. Yes it can be nice to keep traditions going, but this is your baby and its YOUR choice whatever you want to call him if he is a boy. Don't let family pressure you into calling your baby something you might later regret. No way I would, good luck. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back