Cold and feed taken

Nicky_Jones

Reaction score
Ellie has a cold and she has a nasty cough with it. She sounds so flemmy, poor little thing. As a paranoid first time Mum I phoned the surgery and tried to get an appointment. I spoke to the triage nurse and she told me that unless she was off her feed or had a temperature then they don't need to see her. She doesn't seem off her feed but I am breast feeding. Anyway this morning I have just expressed off 5oz after giving her her morning feed. I have never got this much off in one go (but both breasts) before. Could it be a sign that she is having less and is off her feed?

Thanks

Hi Nicky, does she have a blocked up nose? I didn't realise that Leorah wasn't getting as much milk because she was blocked up as she didn't even sound nasally and was at my breast the same a mount of time as usual. I gave her saline drops and then she fed as normal. I hope poor Ellie feels better soon :)

Thanks Skatty, she is partially blocked and does need to keep stopping to breathe. I gave her the saline drops before her last feed though it is hard to tell if it made much difference. She hates the drops though and screamed the place down. :(

Aww poor Ellie, Leorah hates them too, it must be horrible having them trickling down your throat. I was also told I could squirt breastmilk up her nose but haven't tried this :)

aah bless ellie :hug:
Louie had a cold at 4 wks & that was awful.
as for the increase in your breast milk, you may just have produced more , but if it happens tomorrow then it could be cause ellie is drinking less.
sorry i'm not much help :oops:
i hope ellie feels better to celebrate her 1st christmas :cheer:
take care. :hug:

Thanks all. I took her to the doctors today as it has been going on for 4 days and she seemed worse if anything this morning. He said she is fine and her chest is clear which is good, and to just carry on as we are. I do hope she is feeling better come christmas day as we have a 100mile drive up to the inlaws for christmas day. Not really looking forward to it TBH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back