cold at night

kayzee

Reaction score
hiya ladies :hug:
ive been having a problem with tia in the middle of the night these past 2 nights and was wondering if anybody had any suggestions?
tia is a really good baby and is now going down about half 8 till about 6.
the problem i have is that she fidgets from about 1 oclock onwards in the night fast asleep and when i check her, her hands and face are freezing so i put extra covers on and she stops. she wears a 2.5 tog sleeping bag and has a cot blanket doubled over twice as she is in a moses basket still, all windows are shut at night so its not a draught, she has a vest and babygro on under her sleeping bag, tried scratch mitts and next babygrows with built in hand covers but she doesnt like her hands covered (she prefers her fists to a dummy most of time).
i thought about a cardy but she would be too hot when she goes to bed cos of the heating being on and her in her sleeping bag. shes not waking for a feed its just her wriggling about cos shes cold, it disturbs me cos her basket is next to my bed. What else can i put on her as its only her arms and hands that need covering?
they make babylegs to keep legs warm but what about baby's arms?
do they make sleeping bags with arms in cos i havnt seen any?
Anyone have any ideas as poor little tias hands were blue with cold this morning, all ideas or views welcome

love to all, kaye and tia xxxx

how about a vest with arms?

Alice is thesame... won't have her hands covered. i pop a blanket over the top of the mosey basket, so it isn't on her but keeps some more warmth in. that way she can still move her hands,but they are kinda covered (does that make sense???)

Hi sam :wave: ,
I have tried the vests with arms but its like she needs more, she sleeps with her arms above her head :lol: shes ok during the day its like the middle of the night when she fidgets, wasnt too sure about the blanket over the basket because she has so many layers on her anyway its more just her arms and hands xx

Jamie was like a block of ice the other night so now hes in his cot until he needs a feed in the morning then he stays in our bed til we get up!
we did put mitts on him but they got wet and cold from him sucking them!

Kayzee do you know the temperature in your room. I am having a problem knowing what to put on Jake at night as my room is 18 one minute and 22 the next. I bought Jake a 1 tog grow bag which he had on last night with a sheet over the top but during the night it got cold and then I was worried about him. I just worry that if I put a 2.5 tog on him he might overheat in the night and I wouldn't know. The grobag thermometer says on the back what your baby should have on for what temperature it is but I am not sure I trust it to be honest. Jake sleeps with his hands above his head also and has icy hands in the morning. I don't know what to suggest but I might try putting scratch mits on him tonight.

i did try the scratch mitts but shes ends up sucking on them so they are soaking i did wonder rather than put blankets on her whether to put an extra babygro on, i think the room temp is fine by the way as im sweating buckets in the morning and her hands are still freezing, someone did suggest long socks so she cant pull them off might be worth a try xx

They do say though that you should not judge your baby's temp by their hands and feet as they are normally colder than the body but you should feel their belly or the back of their neck. It is something to do with a baby's circulation.

I know my jodie is a lot older and you worry more with over heating so dont listen to my advice if you think she will be to hot.

My jodie started waking cold so i now put on a vest a short sleeved t-shirt a baby grow, a thin cardigan and her 2.5 tog grow bag she sleeps 15 hrs of a night and she doesn't feel hot

That doesnt sound a lot to me sounds like how tia needs to be, i have bought a room temp thingy and it seems ok but she still feels cold to me, i adjusted the heating to come on for 2 hours in the night which did help a bit, but she still fidgets. I need to find a bolero type cardi to keep her shoulders and arms warmer i think xx

I have the same problem with Leorah sometimes but its not every night so I never know what to put her in. I think fleece sleepsuits are brilliant and if its cold I put her in one and her sleeping bag too. Hers dont have hands because she sucks her fists too but they are always icy. When I get her up in the morning and changed her body is all warm but she has cold fingers and nose!

You could put the babylegs on her arms- they would work like that, it wouldn't solve the hand problem though...

+++

doh! the first link won't take you to the image, but once you're on the site do a search for 'sleepng bags' and go to page 2.

Daggers you are an absolute saint!!!!!! :hug: :hug: The first one is perfect, will definitely be ordering tia one in lilac i think, thankyou very much :cheer: Might even have a quick bid on the other one too so she has a spare, im sure she wont mind the rocket :rotfl: xxxx

Just noticed the teddy one with detachable sleeves :cheer: :cheer: :hug: (just tried to order one and they out of stock :cry: )

the Hv told me to never go by the face and hands to feel if a baby is cold. feel the chest. you might find she is to hot with how much you are wrapping her up? Harley has a blanket and wears a vest to bed
sometimes i can be boiling hot but my hands feel cold

Brody has been consistantly waking at 4 am with the cold. Last night I put him in a fleecy sleepsuit instead of a normal one (with the sleeping bag and a vest ) and he didn't wake up till 7.30am :dance:

Kayzee, glad to be of service :rotfl: !
Hope your LO manages to have a good nights sleep now!!! Unfortunately Otis is still waking between 1 and 2 times a night :? , you made me start wondering whether it could be because he's chilly? hmmm When it's cold like it recently was we do have the heating on in his room which is always around 20 - 16 degrees soooo I thinkvhe's okay??? And does sleep in a long sleeved sleeper suit and a 2.5 grobag..... :|
I think he's just just a hungry bunny!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back