Combing EBM and formula

Tiggy26

Reaction score
Hello,

I just wondered what routine some of you mums have if you are using breastmilk and formula?

Do you use breastmilk during the day and formula at night or vise versa?

Or....

Do you do one bottle breastmilk and the next formula?

Also for Baby Antonio's age, how many oz should he roughly be having? Ive noticed he can drink 4oz of breast milk with no problem (even thinking of increasing) but formula he struggles to get through 4oz. I am using Aptimil Hungry baby.

T xx

It is also acceptable to mix formula and ebm in the same bottle!

When I was doing this I only managed to express enough for one full bottle a day so I used to give it at bedtime.

Most people think formula is more filling than breast milk so they would recommend the formula at night!

he prob cant drink more of the aptimal cos hungry baby mix is thicker ? so he prob feels fuller quicker .

lelands on 5 oz and therotically there still the same corrected age :D

We give Holly a bottle of formula before bed, she is b/fed all other times or has EBM.

We make up a 5 or 6oz bottle of formula sometimes she finishes sometimes she doesnt.

It will say on the side of the formula how much you should be making given his age and weight, i think it should be 4 or 5oz. Is there a reason for giving hungry baby formula? It does fill babies more anyway so I imagine that will be 1 reason why he doesnt finish his bottle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back