Did anybody take antibiotics during pregnancy?

nina_ballerina

Reaction score
I've have a sore throat since Friday, and yesterday I decided to go to the doctors because it was getting unbearable and my ear also blocked up. The doctor said it was possible infections, gave me a prescription for antibiotics and said not to take them yet, to wait a couple of days to see if it would clear up by itself. He gave me the impression that the antibiotics were last resort and although he said they are safe I got the feeling that there was some sort of risk.

Just want to know of any other experiences or views before I make my decision to take them or not.

Yes I think I did, sorry my memory is terrible!
I had a UTI with stomach pain at around 22 weeks and I am sure I was given antibiotics.

Found this :D

Antibiotics in Pregnancy

What are the antibiotics considered to be safe at any stage of pregnancy?

Penicillin is known by several different names and is known to be safe. Common penicillin drugs include amoxycillin, cloxacillin and methicillin. There are many other types.

Another group of antibiotics which are not known to cause any harm to the fetus are the cephalosporins. These too are known in a variety of names. Those commonly used include cephradine, cefuroxime, cefotaxime, cefalexin, cefaclor, and cefadroxil.

I was on very strong ones when I got a water infection in tri 3, I had an allergic reaction to them and everytime my DH called the MW or labour suite (coz I was delierious) I was just told to keep taking them, in the end I took myself off them and found out later I didnt actually have a water infection in the first place :roll:

I think there are several types of antibiotics that are safe during pregnancy but if you are able to cope and let your body mend itself that is preferable.

im on them now for a water infection :? but been told they are totally sae

hope u get better soon

I took them as I had a kidney infection on week 21. I can't remember the name of them though but it was a midwife who gave me them.

I took them with a UTI in my first pregnancy. Can't remember which ones. As long as the doc knows your pregnant they should be safe to use.

Yup Im on em now as i have a bad water infection. As long as doc knows you are preggers he can prescribe safe ones for you and bubs.
:hug: :hug:

I was on the NASTY EVIL DANGEROUS DON'T TOUCH antibiotics from Week 3 to Week 5 of my pregnancy :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back