Do I need to feed her more?

Hazel

Reaction score
I have no idea what I'm doing, help.

My daughter is a pig :lol: . She's gone from not finishing her bottles a few months ago to guzzling everything and then wanting more :wall: . She's been on hungry baby milk for a month and is now having 240ml 5 times a day (which is what the sma tin says), breakfast of stewed apple or something like that, dinner of veg puree. Do I need to be upping the meal sizes or introducing a lunchtime puree? She is loving the purees and gets excited when she sees the pot and spoon and so far hasn't rejected anything :shock: and is leaning towards us trying to get the spoon with her mouth.

Not seeing the HV until Wednesday so can't as her until then.

P.S. She's now sleeping through from 7pm-7am so we've dropped the 11pm bottle which is why she's probably hungrier during the day.

Hazel said:

My daughter is a pig :lol: . She's gone from not finishing her bottles a few months ago to guzzling everything and then wanting more :wall: . She's been on hungry baby milk for a month and is now having 240ml 5 times a day (which is what the sma tin says), breakfast of stewed apple or something like that, dinner of veg puree. Do I need to be upping the meal sizes or introducing a lunchtime puree? She is loving the purees and gets excited when she sees the pot and spoon and so far hasn't rejected anything :shock: and is leaning towards us trying to get the spoon with her mouth.

P.S. She's now sleeping through from 7pm-7am so we've dropped the 11pm bottle which is why she's probably hungrier during the day.

If I were you I'd be ignoring the SMA tin and upping her feeds to 7oz, which I'm sure our Connie was on at the same age? xx

debecca said:
Hazel said:

If I were you I'd be ignoring the SMA tin and upping her feeds to 7oz, which I'm sure our Connie was on at the same age? xx

i agree, my LO was a hungry babba too.. she was on 8 oz bottles at 5 months. and as soon as i introduced foods she refused her milk point blank.. other that mornin and bedtime :rotfl: ... xxxx

id say just do what you feels right for you LO , you know her better than anyone else..
:hug:

On the tins, are you basing the amounts on her weight or her age.

I done Jessica on her weight cause If I had went for her age she would have went nuts.

She sounds like she is thriving and some. Good for you :cheer:

240ml is 8.5oz which she is finishing, the bottle only goes up to 9oz anyway. Should I be giving her more food (introducing lunch purees as she already has breakfast and dinner so having 3 meals a day) or more milk at this stage?

does your daughter have set bottle times? if so. and she is draining bottles she is more than likely still hungry. When my LO was draining bottles every bottle i started increasing her solids and reducing the bottles eventually she was only having her bottles morning and night, and having breakfast dinner and tea solids.. xxxx

youll be fine hunny x :hug: :hug:

i personaly would think about giving her something more filling at breakfast time say porridge or similar i think she can have wetabix now? not sure as Thomas never eat it.
that might stop her being so hungry but if she is still the same give her a bit of lunch :)
xx

Manda&Thomas said:
i personaly would think about giving her something more filling at breakfast time say porridge or similar i think she can have wetabix now? not sure as Thomas never eat it.
that might stop her being so hungry but if she is still the same give her a bit of lunch :)
xx

i know some people are a bit funny on here about what children eat so i didnt say :rotfl: . but my LO wasnt on baby breakfast for long at all.. she ate weetabix at 5.5 months (hv's advice) once id givin real food she wasnt so keen on any of the baby foods again. she led me really, but if i wasnt sure i just asked the hv. xx

I was thinking about wheetabix or something at breakfast, she demolished a huge pot of stewed apple this morning. How about meat at this age? I would like to start introducing chicken etc. She's had beef hotpot and cottage pie in the baby food jars but I'm not to bad with a blender so can easily make up some purees myself. I'm just worried she is still a bit young and don't want to poison her or anything :( .

you get it in the 4 month jars hun so i dont see the problem aslong as you make sure its cooked all the way threw and im sure you cant reheat pork?? i think they can have fish aswsell something like tuna or a bit of steamed cod
xx

My DD is a little piglet too! She's on C&G hungry formula and has been having 9-10oz bottles for... months! She is now eating three meals a day (porridge or fruit for breakfast, half a jar of something for lunch plus petits yoghurt and some sort of veg puree for dinner). She also has three bottles a day, all of which are 9oz and small drinks of water and baby juice that she will have with her solid meals.

I'd say if your LO is draining the bottles at each feed to either up the milk slightly or add in another solid meal - maybe even just up the morning and bedtime bottle and leave the others as normal, introducing a small lunch as well?

But then I am pretty much clueless on the whole baby feeding thing - am hoping I have learnt a few more tricks of the trade by the time my second is at this stage!!!

Oh and congrats on selling your house btw - here's hoping mine goes in the same direction... although I shan't hold my breath for the moment!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back