does the majority of pregnancy have to be induced?

hayley

Reaction score
what do you think? the last 2 years there has been 5 pregnancies at work.... all but one has been induced 2 weeks over their date! 3 of my cousins who have had children over the past 3 years have all been induced! i'm begining to wonder if this is the case with most pregnancy? I've also heard being induced is so much worse....

x

i also have heard it is worse,, i wasnt induced went 5 days over and thankfully he just couldnt wait ne more i was dreading induction lol

I think induction is a lot worse and it does seem to me that everyone i know goes over their dates. I was 39 weeks and went naturally with my first and 41+4 and was induced with my second and it was so much worse.

what things can we do to start labour.... someone told me to start drinking rasberry tea around week 37... when my time comes i might speak t0 a herbalist!!! see if there is anything out there that can help!

but then again i might go naturally!

can you say no to being induced?

x

the day before B i went on a LONG walk, had cod liver oil, had a curry for tea fresh pinapple for snack and a hot bath lol

ive also heard that something called squaw tincture (or something like that ) can also help to bring labour on if taken in the last few weeks of pregnancy with raspberry leaf tea but you need to see a herbalist about that one im seriously considering visiting a chinese herbalist in town to see what i can do in the last few weeks am already planning reflexology as this is supposed to help also and to make labour easier xxxxx

if so many women are having to be induced then surely that means that the baby isnt quite ready to come out. It annoys me that women are given this fortnight over the due date then its medical intervention.

If I dont get a section then I wont get induced and will have to go into labour myself so from week 36 I will be on the raspberry tea, eating currys and hopefully if I dont smell of curry and raspberry too much having lots of cuddles to make baby 2 come out.

thats how i feel... i don't want to be rushed.. don't like the sound of being induced but i've read that by week 42 the umbilical cord isn't working as good as it should... the baby could be effected! can the hospital get dates wrong? because they put me forward a week at my boking in scan.. whcih meant i conceived on day 7 of my 27/28 day cycle... i don't think i'm due till around 4th - 7th August yet they have me down as the 30th July.....

Anyway... i'm worrying over nothing! i might go early....

they should be able to moniter that your baby is okay. Part of me thinks that it causes them less hassle if they get you in and out again on their terms. You stick to your guns hayley.

Well my second who was born at 41+4 was perfectly healthy, infact alot more so than my first at 39 weeks. I think she would of been quite happy to stay in there a while longer as she wasn't ready to come out and because of that i had a difficult labour. I sort of wish i had been left to go on my own but by that stage i was so fed up of being pregnant.

out of my ante natal group, none of us were induced, so it doesn't always happen. Three of the women in my group gave birth early, two were planned c-sections and I was three days late.

There were no inductions. I hope this puts your mind at rest a bit :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back