Easy cooking FREEZABLE BLW recipes?

BabyMagic

Reaction score
As the title says really could someone share their recipes for EASY cooking and FREEZABLE BLW meals? I know there are a few recipes on the BLW blog, but not sure how many of them are freezable...

Have you had a look at the Annabel Karmel book? We do a lot of the toddler recipes from in there (fishcakes, spag bol, macaroni cheese, meatballs, chicken in cornflakes and more) and we all eat them together. Almost all of them are freezeable.

Thanks Daftscottslass - pretty much all her recipes are online too so I'll have a look. I had completely forgotten about her website. I just feel like making bigger patches of food and freezing (laaaaazy :lol: ).

personally i find that while most stuff is freezable, some of it still requires heating in the oven which takes a while, so for me that defeats the object. Fish cakes and things that benefit from a crispy outside won't thank you for being put in the microwave so I don't bother freezing that sort of thing.

My top faves for freezing are:

Pasta with secret veggie tomato sauce
Curry with rice included (must be reheated until absolutely steaming, and allowed to cool down)
Chicken casserole
Shepherds Pie
Chili con carne

In short, anything in a sauce - the variations are endless! They all respond quite while to being reheating in the microwave for ultimate convenience :cheer:

I used lots of recipes from this book - Finger Foods.

Edit - check out AK jumping on the (kind of) BLW bandwagon - clicky for new book due out soon.

Valentine Xxx

Thanks Girls.

My OH only eats freshly made food so I can't freeze or re-heat any food for him (not that I cook that often anyway :lol: ) and he's been saying to me that I can't freeze things like sheppard's pie for LO either :shakehead: :wall:

I haven't really been cooking for myself (I am more of muesli, rye bread type of girl) but really enjoy cooking for LO as long as it won't take too much time. On a positive note, I'll eat better as we can share the meals :D

Valentine - I just ordered that book...

thanks for the rice link, I knew you needed to take care with it but hadn't appreciated exactly why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back