ebay ovulation test kit

bungle

Reaction score
Hi all, I saw on here yesterday somebody saying that the ebay ovulation test kits (30 for £2.95 or something) were really good. So I jumped onto ebay and hot myself some and they've arrived today. HOWEVER, it says not to take the first urine sample of the day, not to drink 2 hours before doing the sample and to leave the urine for 30 mins before testing it. Just wondered WHEN other working girls were testing their urine with these things. I can hardly leave my urine sitting in the staff toilet for 30 mins!!!! :oops:

Hi.
Its best to try to test twice a day, around 2pm and 8pm has been proved the best. If you cant because of work then just do the 8pm one and hope. Mine normally last 2 days at nearly a positive (i dont get a true positive) so you should pick it up testing once a day. Good luck with them.

Thank you! Glad there's a cheaper alternative to the £20 ones but it doesn't seem quite so convenient. I'll try for 8 o clock and keep my fingers crossed tho.

The £20 ones are no different. I had the clear blue ones last month but because you only get 7 and my cycle was longer last month a didn't get a positive on them. Least with ebay cheapies you can keep going. Good luck :)

I usually test mine around 7pm b/c by that time I've stopped having liquids (drinking all day at work), gotten back from my run and done whatever I needed to do at home before the evening. I find it usually takes longer than 1/2 hour to cool down, too (and please don't ask me how I know :rotfl: )

melissa5317 said:
I find it usually takes longer than 1/2 hour to cool down
hope u don't drink apple juice in ur household i can just imagine melsie in the kitchen preparing dinner whilst mr melsie comes in and grabs a drink, "this apple juice is a bit warm today".... :shock: :lol:
xxx

omfg :rotfl:

He prefers Apple raspberry, actually, and the only juice I drink these days is bloody GRAPEFRUIT...so I'd have to be quite seriously ill for him to mistake the product of my micturition for apple rasp!! :shock: :lol:

Oh, plus I can't remember the last time he grabbed himself a drink.... :roll:

if it starts to look like apple and raspberry melsie take my advice and go see the gp hun- somethings not right there!!!

as for grapefruit- tell me about it- i've been drinking so much i think i may add a label to my "sample container" that says 'not from concentrate!!' :lol:
xx

Dopey question time - why does it need to cool down first?

havn't got a clue hun- probably just so we can take more time out of our day obsessing over ttc!!! someone did an experiment couple of months ago (waterlilie or lilly?) and did 2 opks- 1 straight away and 1 when it had cooled down and the line was stronger after it had cooled. if i don't have time for it to cool down(or i'm feeling particularly impatient) i'll just do it anyway- always the same result though - abn (another bloody negative!!) :lol:
xxx

and what exactly are we weeing in ladies??? Must admit i'd prefer to go straight onto the stick but for the price beggars can't be choosers!

I have a designated mug with a wide top and narrow bottom. Good times!

hmmm i'll start searching the cupboards for a suitable 'vessel' now!

puds said:
havn't got a clue hun- probably just so we can take more time out of our day obsessing over ttc!!! someone did an experiment couple of months ago (waterlilie or lilly?) and did 2 opks- 1 straight away and 1 when it had cooled down and the line was stronger after it had cooled. if i don't have time for it to cool down(or i'm feeling particularly impatient) i'll just do it anyway- always the same result though - abn (another bloody negative!!) :lol:
xxx

I remember them doing this experiment and did it myself (as I was getting strongish lines at the time and an excuse to POAS or 2 :wink: :lol: ) any way the one that cooled down was a defo BFN no line what so ever but the one done straight away had a nice dark(ish) line on it. Both OPKS was the from the same batch and everything :think:

I wee in a tiny little Lock 'n' Lock container that I lost the lid for. It's handy cos it fits in the bathroom cabinet quite neatly so I can hide it there while it cools

melissa5317 said:
:rotfl: its in a mug and everything!!! your perfectly lined up for an 'accident' if he annoys you- just got to start introducing apple juice into the house now! :twisted: :lol:
poor mr melsie!!!
xxxx

puds said:
melissa5317 said:
:rotfl: its in a mug and everything!!! your perfectly lined up for an 'accident' if he annoys you- just got to start introducing apple juice into the house now! :twisted: :lol:
poor mr melsie!!!
xxxx

:rotfl: That made me snort. lol Yeah, he knows not to use the Aero mug...

It could be like one of those malteasers adverts - new ways to be naughty! How funny :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: hopefully guests know to stay clear of the aero mug!!
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back