family competition

Sarah&Braydon

Reaction score
well my mum and dad are always moaning that me and my sis are spoilt in the food we eat as we alway have quite expensive meal, so me and my sis put a compititiion to my mum and dad tonite that me and my sis have £100 to feed the family one week and my mum and dad have the same for the following week, and we have to see who could spend the least and who ever does get all the money we have saved :D

cheap meal ideas needed please :wink:

EASY!

Buy LOTS of potatoes, and I mean LOTS. ALso carrots, brocolli and parnips and pasta

Then make:
Cottage pie
Spag bol
Pork chops are cheap
Stir fry (turkey v. cheap)
Chilli with rice
Sausage and mash or Toad in the hole.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm toad in the hole!!! havent had that in Aaaaaaaaaaaages!!! Mmmm with mash veg and graaaaaavy!!!

Got a thing about brussel sprouts at the mo lol!

Hi

Hope you win hun!!
Whats Spag bol , toad in a hole, and cottage pie?
Katrina

Spaghetti bolognaise, toad in the hole is sausage in a big yorkshire pudding, and cottage pie is like shepards pie but different meat (beef or pork i think?) lol, (mincemeat with mash potatoes on top) :)

Pasta bakes. You can buy a huge bag of pasta in asda for £1.
xx

spag bol - sooo easy and cheap to make!!!

jacket potatos with a filling and salad!

salad!!

have fun chick :cheer:

Mmmmmmm Jacket potato!! With lotsa cheeeese!!!
Its funny how when ur pregnant u turn into a jamie oliver for food lol!! Ive got a thing for brussel sprouts at the mo! :? Yummy with heaps of gravy and veg and mash mmmmmmmmm dammit just had dinner and im hungry again! :roll:

pasta bakes
soups (even homemade yum yum)

deff recommend the trip for icelands. v.cheap in there :)

home made curry.

tescos own beans on toast on tescos own bread ..sorted lol...

pasta n sauce..in fact go to tesco or wherever late at night when they reduce all the stuff that wil get thrown out if it isnt sold ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back