Food recipes for hope

Melly+2

Reaction score
i havnt got a clue other than the basic foods like apple potato and stuff like that i was wondering if anyone could tell me wot other food and recipes i could give her :)

Hi Mel,

What age is she?

I used to steam and mash the following..

VEG: sweet potatoe, potatoe, turnip, carrot, butternut squash, parsnip (in very small amounts).

Fruit: Apple, Pear, Plum.

Other fruits to liquidise: pineapple, banana, nectarine, peach.

I used to mix banana with pineapple, apple with pear, apple with banana and peach.. then put them into ice cube trays and label them.. then all you need to do the night before is take out the meals for the following day. i would prepare them all once per fortnight and that was enough to last me.

she is nearly 6 months, i have been feeding her stuff like that already so atleast i know its right what i give her but isnt there anything a bit more adventorus she can have at this age?

When are they allowed citrus fruits? I have given Ellie an occasional piece of satsuma or orange. Oops.

I was tol you can give citrus from 6mths but is SMALL amounts!!

Mel... have a look at the BLW sticky.

xx

ah i did sarah thanks, just not sure how to make some of the stuff :doh:

like what? I can help if you like... give me some ideas what you want and I'll type it up for you.

:hug:

just like the fritters and stuff for her, im not totally sure what she can have in them and stuff like that, i sound so stupid i should know :doh:

No prob hun.... now she is 6mths she can pretty much have everything.

Fruit, veg, meat, cheese, eggs, fish.

For fritters... I always make them with potato base and add other things to it (more veg or some chicken)
Mash potatoes and add a little milk, add either chicken or whatever... make them into patty shapes... Dip them in flour, then egg, then flour again and put in a pan to colour them then finish off in the oven

Arianna also loves them with some cheese mixed in it.

Also making them with a mix of sweet potato and butternut squash mash is another fav

really i didnht know she could have those kinds of things wow, even pasta and stuff like that, i guess im just really scared of all of the salt and sugar content really

If you are making it yourself you'll be alright as you control the salt and sugar... I never put any in to me honest.

Pasta you can get baby pasta at boots or I just buy gluten free pasta from Asda or wherever.

MSN me anytime you want help!

xx

cant get in contact with the hv she never turned up last time silly woman :shakehead:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back