Freezing baby food...

munchkin1982

Reaction score
Hey, this might be a daft question but can you freeze shop bought baby food? I want to start Layla on some purees soon but the Hipp one I bought says nothing on it about freezing??? Seems like such a waste of food to me if she only has a spoon or so of it to start with...

Baffled Mummy here lol, but looking forward to experimentation ;-) xx

Last edited:
i don't think you can freeze food out a jar. it can be kept in the fridge for about 24 hours so you don't need to use it all at the one time.
have you thought about making your own food? i was really nervous about making it when i had my son but there is loads of help and info on the net. it was great having some stored in the freezer for the times i unexpectedly ran out of jars

Loads of the food lasts 24/48 hours in the fridge but you have to decant what you want to feed in to a bowl and refrigerate the rest. It's easy to make your own.

Pear and apple
Peel, core and chop 2 apples and 2 pears, put in to a saucepan with a bit of water, simmer for 6 mins or until soft and blitz up. If it's to watery add baby rice

Carrot is the same

Sweet potato
Prick and place in oven for 45mins at 200 scoop out flesh and mash/blitz

What I do is freeze in ice cub trays so I can mix and match, like carrot and sweet potato, pear and carrot etc.

Hth
Emma x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back