Getting very clingy - ways to get him to settle on his own?

bobby1

Reaction score
Kai's been getting very clingy over the past week. He won't seem to settle or fall asleep for naps unless he's being held. Everytime I put him down for a nap after he falls asleep, he seems to wake up immediately wanting more cuddles. I've checked everything else has been done; changed etc. Don't get me wrong I love cuddling him, just it doesn't give me the chance to get on with anything during the day.

Anyone got any ideas? Is this normal at this age?

I know he just needs lots of attention, bless him. But mummy needs a few minutes, even just to go to the toilet or eat, lol :lol: :lol:

Perfectly normal. He's just wanting to be close to you. You are all he knows and that closeness makes him feel safe and secure.

If you need to go to the loo then go though. As hard as it is, sometimes you just have to take a couple of minutes for yourself. So long as LO is safe in his basket or wherever he'll be fine. He may let you know he knows you are not there though :lol:

We got LO a mobile for over his basket to keep him occupied when I had to make loo breaks and so on.

You could try swaddling him before he falls asleep on you then when he does go off gently put him down, keep your hand on his tummy or on the side of his head so he thinks youre still cuddling him then when he's definitely asleep gently move your hands away.

Also if you have a rocker chair when you put him down put him in the rocker and cover him with a blanket so he's nice and warm and rock him till he falls back off again, I had a vibrating one that worked a treat at sending Maia back off to sleep when she started to stir, I used to get another 30 minutes or so out of he when I switched the vibrate on!

Have you considered carrying him in a sling? At that age my LO literally lived in a sling, as otherwise she would just keep on crying. After a while, she was confident enough to start exploring the world and didn't need to be in a sling as much.

Have you got anyone (OH) who could help you out and give you a bit of a break? My OH used to take our LO out in a sling so that I could get some rest x

Charlie:-) said:
You could try swaddling him before he falls asleep on you then when he does go off gently put him down, keep your hand on his tummy or on the side of his head so he thinks youre still cuddling him then when he's definitely asleep gently move your hands away.

Also if you have a rocker chair when you put him down put him in the rocker and cover him with a blanket so he's nice and warm and rock him till he falls back off again, I had a vibrating one that worked a treat at sending Maia back off to sleep when she started to stir, I used to get another 30 minutes or so out of he when I switched the vibrate on!

Ooooh I could have just wrote that post!! :lol:
I was going to say the same! When you put him down, make sure blankets and holding him nice and snug and keep your hand on his face or tum for a few mins!
Or the chair!
Or make sure when you put him down that its onto something warm like a fleecy blanket etc! If hes going from a warm snuggy mum to a cold sheet etc then he is bound to wake and cry just as I would heehee

I hope you find something to help hun! :hug:

I would lay Macey on a blanket whilst holding her then put her on that in her pram so she wasnt going from being nice and warm to cold, it makes a big difference

Peeing has been a team sport for lil miss and I now for nearly a year! :lol:

Grab all the cuddles you can now...because all of a sudden they don't want you no more :( The nintendo DS is far more interesting a thing to spend time with :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back