Has anyone been told they have a low lying placenta/Praevia?

Lovisa

Reaction score
Has anyone been told they have a low lying placenta/Praevia?
I was told that I did at my last scan which was Wednesday just gone.
They didnt really talk about it much, all I know is that I have another scan at 34 weeks to make sure everything is ok and that the placenta has moved up if not there is a higher chance that I'll need a c section.

I hope this doesnt happen but either way I want my baby to arrive safe so I'll do whatever needs to be done.

Did anyone else get told about having a low lying placenta and they still managed to have a normal labour/birth or during the pregnancy the placenta moved up to the correct position?

It's not uncommon at this stage in pregnancy for the placenta to lie low. It most likely will move up before your next scan :)

As Mamafy said most move up but i no experience myself. I believe that if the placenta is covering the cervix a c section is inevitable. Hope everything works out for you x

i have not had this happen to me although a friend of mine had one and was monitored with scans closer to her dd and was told to do certain things to help move it along to avoid a c-section. In the end it did move and she had a lovely water birth.
Wouldn't worry too much at this stage. :)

I was told mine was lying low at my 20 wk scan. I had to have another scan a week later (not for the placenta) and it had moved up already. I was told it is very common :)

i was told at 19weeks i have a low lying placenta, im hoping it moves before i have my next scan at 34 weeks. thay warned me about bleeding etc but so far everything has been fine.

Thanks all.
I'm not really worried, just wanted to see if anyone had been told or had had the same problem.
When I looked it up on the internet it said only 5% people get told they have a low lying placenta.
I also have another scan at 34 weeks, and hopefully everything will be fine at this point.

I have this too!! Mine is actually covering my cervix and i did have some unexplained bleeding at 15 weeks (now almost 18w) Was told there was nothing they could do, had an anti d injection because i am rhesus negative blood type but everything has stopped, i was lucky to have a couple of extra scans and im back to "normal" now :)

If your not having any bleeding, its nothing to worry about (or so i am told hehe)

Aparently 9 out of 10 women with low lying placenta's eventually move 'up' later in the pregnancy with few going on to have placenta praevia.

My mother had the same with my little sister and it had moved by the time she went for the additional scan at 34 weeks and went on to have a natural birth.

I'm not worrying about it too much just yet!

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back