HAS ANYONE?

Kelli4

Reaction score
Hi
Has anyone had their bloods for downs come back and said they are further than they actually are?Mine are saying i should be 21 weeks not 17weeks. The hospital are saying there is no way they could be that out by 4 weeks but why do my bloods say i am.PLEASE HELP

sorry i can't help - i haven't had the blood test done as twins give a dodgy result. hope someone can help soon

Hi, I saw midwife yesterday, I personally decided to not get the down's syndrome screening done, but i would guess that the hospital are the most accurate at 17 weeks as the usually check the crown to rump measurement at 12 week scan (did they do this at your 12 week scan?) 8)

All feotus' grow at exactly the same rate up until around week 13 (is this right girls?) so they would know accuratley by the 12 week scan :D

from what i have read also the 12 week scan is the most accurate measure of due date ..but never heard about them giving a due date on scan...i'd ask m/w next time you see her unless anyone else knows different

Hi cloud 9,

I went for my 12 week scan when i was 11 weeks 3 days and i was told my EDD was 30/04/2007 and before that from the doctors they told me EDD was 5th May, they can measure it acuratley from crown to rump and get the most accurate date up until around 12-13 weeks gestation.

I didn't know that until i went for a scan too!!! :D :wink:

The triple test is about the amount of alpha-feta protein found in your blood combined with your age to give a an idea of the chance of the baby having downs/spina bifida .
My (not by any means expert !!) understanding is that if the levels are higher or lower than expected it can indicate that you are further/not as far along as they thought or that there could be a problem.
I would be asking for clarification of your results from your G.P so that you know all is ok, I asked about this when I had mine done and was told that if the result came back different to the dates they think then it will be re-calculated /re-done for you.
I hope that helps rather than confuses :oops:
hope all is well :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back