Help i need to fit my two boys into one room

chickadee1976

Reaction score
Currently the boys have two rooms a bedroom and a playroom.
In the bedroom there are 2 single beds, 2 wardrobes and a chest of drawers with a bit floor space in the centre.

The playroom houses a large bookshelf for games books etc, a corner tv unit with tv and playstation, various boxes of toys, a pool table which will be going and two beanbags.

As the flat has not sold its looking like we will have to put the loft conversion on hold and the playroom will need to become a nursery. Meaning everything in the playroom has to go in the bedroom.
From first glance looks like everything will not fit.

Any ideas, we didnt really want bunk beds but looks like we will have to go that way. But will still be a bit of a squeeze

Could you have a bit of a clear out and get rid of some stuff?

When Brody moves into Mason's room we're going to put a wide shelf all the way around the room, about 2ft from the ceiling, for all the books and board games.
Currently Mason has a high bed with a slide to get down but I think we're going to have to get bunk beds.

both my girls are sharing a room - whilst Cally is small its not so much of a problem but I know its going to get worse. However my house has no storage so I have got good at finding solutions. Could you put things under the boys beds? I use these under our beds for storing away clothes but will be using them in the girls rooms for toys. Shelves are also a good solution, and jute boxes look good on top of wardrobes and you can put toys in them. Bunk beds are a great solution for older children - you can get ones with desks underneath so they can put games consoles etc on them.

This is one of my fave websites - has great storage solutions clicky

We have just had to get rid of our pool table! :( We have one like all in one wardrobe with drawers in and that saves some space, Could you not get them a smaller tv?! My lads have a 21 inch! They dont have bunkbeds at the min as they used to but then both slept in the top!? So we got too singles now we need bunks again ha
Have a big sort through all the toys and be ruthless! If they aint played with it for the last month then bin it! (thats what I have to do lol)

Get loads of paper and drawer loads of versions of the room with each item you need to keep in different places till you find a good one!

If you dont like bunkbeds what about one of these

My DDs room is so small so she has these they might help?!
Erm.. Cant think of anything else :think:

Is the playroom a fair bit bigger than the bedroom? If so I'd go with making the bedroom the nursery and the playroom the bedroom for the two boys. More space to fit everything. Worthwhile if you are going to be there a while longer.

What about getting them both a cabin bed with the wardrobes and draws under at leat that saves a bit of room

hiya, not got any kids just yet but my brothers had to share a room, is cabin beds not an option as they either come with wardrobes etc or have the space beneath to store furniture under thats what my brothers had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back