Help!! Maternity Pay/Allowance

natalieday1

Reaction score
Hey Guys
Right am a little bit confused so would like it if you guys could give me a bit of advice..Ryt here we go... :)
Im 24 years old, I live with my partner who is 25 and have 2 boys already 7 and 4.. just recently found out im pregnant with my 3rd..YAY!!! due in January. At the moment my partner works 20 hours a week, and i have 2 jobs, one is 18 hours a week and the other is 6.5 hours a week... I started one of these jobs in February and the other in April...
The question is whether or not ill b entitled to any maternity pay from both/either of these jobs?? Have been told a few different things and not sure what to believe, i suspect that i wont get maternity pay from my job with 6.5 hours...but can i still claim maternity allowance?
Also regarding maternity leave, how long do u get and how soon could i take it?? Beacause i have the 2 jobs does that mean i would have to stop for maternity leave at the same time for both jobs or could i work at one longer than the other and still receive maternity pay???
Aaaaaah, stressed and confused!! haha, so any help would be much appreciated!! thank u!! :)

Nightmare! You can have 39 weeks of SMP, I know that. I'd get down the CAB and get some advice.

Emma x

U have to leave both at same time. Will prob be easier for you to get maternity allowance rather than through ur works. Is go down citizens advice n see what they say x x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Maternity allowance is 39 weeks. I took mine when I was 36 weeks pregnant but finished at 34 weeks as I had holidays left. I think they pay 90% of your pay? I only get paid £70 a week as I'm part time but they pay me £62.80 a week which is fab. You can choose to have that 2 weekly or monthly.

When you get your smp forms from your midwife (get another one for your other job, can't hurt to apply) fill them in and send them off (even if you know you won't get smp you still need the forms back off them saying your not entitled to claim for maternity allowance) and wait to hear back. If they won't pay you smp (I think you have to be earning at least £95 a week to get smp?) Go to your local jobcentre for your ma forms, send this off with your
payslips and your declined smp forms. And that's it. Mine only took 2 weeks to sort out.

I'm not sure if there's an option on the ma forms to claim for 2 jobs, there should be but there will be a phone number on there you can phone and check anyways.

Hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back