Help with how much food and milk Harry should have??

First Baby White

Reaction score
Hello,
I have been weaning harry for about 4 weeks and he is now on 3 meals a day of puree but dont know if he is eating to much or not enough. He has:-
5 - 7oz bottle of milk
9am - 5 teaspoons of baby rice mixed with equal water and a 7oz bottle of milk
12 noon - Half a jar of savoury baby food, half jar of baby fruit and 7oz bottle
3pm - 7oz bottle
6pm - Half jar of baby food and a petit flous yoghurt
8pm - 7oz bottle of milk
10.30 - Dreamfeed 7oz bottle of milk

Is this to much, I think maybe he is drinking the milk coz he is thirsty and not hungry so should I introduce juice or water with meal and keep the bottles in between. Harry is a bog baby and weighs 17lb 14.5 oz and is just under 91st percentile. Any help would be great ???

As he is still so young I would say that is fine, you can introduce a cup with water at mealtimes, but I would still offer the milk afterwards, and follow his lead, when he doesn't want it anymore he will let you know!

We weaned at 5 months, so a bit later and continued to offer a bottle first, then solids for the first month, then for about a month we did as you are. Then we moved onto a routine a bit like this (routine is a rude word in our house!)

7.00 up and 9oz bottle
9.00 Breakfast
11.00 9oz bottle
1.00 Lunch
3.00 9oz bottle
5.00 Tea
7.00 9oz bottle
Dreamfeed 9oz bottle
(she didn't always drink all of the bottles)

She dropped bottles herself when she was ready and eating enough solids, first she started drinking less in each one, then we risked dropping the dreamfeed, then about a month ago she dropped the mid morning one, so that at 8 months she was having a 7 oz first thing, 6oz mid afternoon and 9oz before bed.

God, that was a lot of info!! :rotfl: Sorry if I rambled on a bit! :rotfl:

Ditto midna. Milk is the main source of nutrition etc for babies. Food does not provide anywhere near the same amount.

Its more about LO just getting a taste and finding out about food, rather than filling them up at this age. Don't worry if he is eating enough at this stage. Let him guide you.

Even now with weaning and Galen being 7 months (we started weaning at around 5.5 months) he's not dropped a single feed as yet. His food meals are extra and are not about filling him up but about him learning what its all about. He has a partial feed then eats a bit later, then has some more boob if he wants it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back