Hormones?

DebbieM

Reaction score
Last night I was feeling quite bad. I had a sore stomach, sore back, felt sicky and just generally bleurgh. I was hot and ended up coming upstairs to bed to watch TV around 9pm because it was nice an chilly up here.

I didn't sleep well, couldn't get comfy (as usual) and was up loads during the night.

Now, this morning, I feel really miserable, like I just want to burst into tears.

There are things around the house that need doing, nothing that is of great importance or that would make a difference to anyone if the baby came today, but I feel they need to be done. My SPD is really bad and I hate the fact that I can't just get on and do things as I usually would when they need doing. It's depressing.

What's wrong with me? I thought these last few weeks would be good but so far I'm just not feeling much more than stressed. :cry: Is it just hormones taking over my body and possessing me?

think so hon :hug: :hug: :hug: i've had random days of it too... if i were you, i'd leave the things that sort-of need doing and have a nice long bath :) then when you're feeling happier and more energetic, you can do those things and get the sense of satisfaction from it too.

:hug: :hug:

SNAP!

I know exactly where you are coming from Debbie. Have lots of these :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Try not to expect too much of yourself at the moment. I am kind of training my mind to think like this and it does seem to be working. If you want to cry, cry, I do and always feel better for it.

You're nearly there hun :hug: :hug:

I wish I could.....

I think part of it is also the fact that I am still working - full time too. I work from home so I have it much easier than some, but it means that I am literally tied to more or less one place all day long with a laptop so I never get to lay down, have a snooze (whether I could actually do that or not is another thing... I'm not a good daytime napper), and just generally chill out.

I just feel that I'm not getting to enjoy any "me" time before this baby comes and I know that once he/she does, there isn't going to be any "me" time (which is fine - I expect that). Even if "me" time meant getting on with the things I feel I want to do or spending time with family/friends.

It just all feels a bit crap at the moment.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sounds like hormones to me. Last night i slept really well after nights of not sleeping well at all (Horlicks :wink: did the trick)

Yet today after having a good sleep I can't be ars*d to do anything and I have a list as long as my arm that I should be getting on with, but at the same time it is nothing that can't wait.

I'm worried though that at the minute I feel teary all the time but when I need to cry, I cry instead of bottling it up and it does make me feel better.

:hug:

Awwww have some of these :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I'd say it was hormones. And as you are frustrated and in pain that also compounds things and makes everything worse.

That you can realise it hormones and have a cry is IMO a good thing. Venting for a bit often helps and if you've told someone how crap you feel, thats shared the load also. Just don't let it take over and eat away at you.

If you can get a nap in today I think it'd be good. I'm sure being tired doesn't help your mood either.

Wish I could offer something more useful to you :hug: :hug: :hug: My hips alas don't detach at will :roll:

Perhaps we should start a crying thread where all us tearful girls can go and just post crying smilies. LOL

you've done so well Debs, I think you must be one of the very few who hasnt felt awfully hormonal throughout their pregnancy. you've been so balanced all the way through! I have no idea how you do it :lol:

:hug: :hug: :hug: there isnt long to go now, I know everyone says that but you're nearly there! you must be sooo tired and Im not suprised you feel a bit teary! Allow yourself a break, have a good cry and let it out!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

xxx

i had awful night last night, and alana didnt help matters, she kept waving her arms about and smacking me in the face every time i did fall asleep.

feel like a zombie today and have hopefully got to finish nursery, do some work, go into town :wall: all i wanna do it snuggle in bed, but it hurts

See, I have no right to moan! There's me here on my own and you have another LO to look after Para!!! You have it much tougher than me!

awww shes no trouble really, shes just emptied the dishwasher bless her, even if the plates are now all over the floor

DebbieM said:
Last night I was feeling quite bad. I had a sore stomach, sore back, felt sicky and just generally bleurgh. I was hot and ended up coming upstairs to bed to watch TV around 9pm because it was nice an chilly up here.

I didn't sleep well, couldn't get comfy (as usual) and was up loads during the night.

Now, this morning, I feel really miserable, like I just want to burst into tears.

There are things around the house that need doing, nothing that is of great importance or that would make a difference to anyone if the baby came today, but I feel they need to be done. My SPD is really bad and I hate the fact that I can't just get on and do things as I usually would when they need doing. It's depressing.

What's wrong with me? I thought these last few weeks would be good but so far I'm just not feeling much more than stressed. :cry: Is it just hormones taking over my body and possessing me?

You never know Debs, this could be it! I only say that because the same night I went to hospital I has having loads of hot flushes, so bad that my hands were just dripping with sweat :shock: I also felt like crying, and I did. Plus, really felt that little things round the house needed to be done, just stupid things that were of no importance.

I could be totally wrong and you may still go to term but hey, you never know hun. How are you feeling now?

Theresa xxx

Hey Theresa! Nice to see you back! How are things going for you with gorgeous little Antonio? :)

I'm ok thanks. Having a silly morning I think. I'm sure I will be fine later on! Thanks xxx

what do you do for a living Debbie?
Maybe its cos yur still working....when can you finish?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back