How bad is soya?

tinselcat

Reaction score
My OH yesterday greeted me with him having found out that day that eating soya (and peas apparently) are bad for male fertility.

I thought he had been doing well as his only vice is caffeine, but he eats LOADS of soya all the time - soya milk every day for breakfast, soy sauce in dinner most nights, we regularly eat tofu too. And worse we have just ordered a big shop from Tesco (to last a month) with a whole load more soya milk drinks!!

Does anyone have any idea how long it will take to get this out of his system when he stops consuming the stuff?

:(

All I know about soya is that my hubby has a sensitivity to it. Soooo many things have soya in, lots of chocolate bars do too. He has soya and he literally has to run to the loo! TMI sorry! I am forever checking labels for soya, it really is in lots of stuff you wouldn't expect. I've never heard about the link to male infertility though....

My friend and her partner have been vegan for 20+ years and both eat tofu etc and theyre also over 40 years old and had a baby no problem.
However, I found this:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4115506.stm
Ah the first part is good to know! :)

Thanks for the link - I didn't know that. Guess I'll have to cut down on the soya for the next while then!!

And Laura, thanks for the tip - didn't realise it was everywhere. Will start checking labels now then!! :) (hmm that'll make me a vegan who's avoiding soya... not fussy/awkward at all, lol!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back