How can I get excited about the possibility of a boy baby? Getting me down

Blackroseuk

Reaction score
I want to start imagining my baby (when I do get pregnant) as a boy because I feel so bad just wanting a girl. I know its normal and I'm not selfish but I feel it. I will love my baby no matter what it is but I really want a girl SO much and my husband doesn't seem to want a boy at all! I watch cute baby boys on videos and look at pictures but I don't feel the same as when I see little baby girls. Whenever I imagine my baby being born, holding it or whenever my husband and I talk about it we always refer to it as Ella.
I know for a huge amount of money (which I havnt got!) you can get the sex and whatever else determined at a clinic but I feel this is playing round with what is to be.
Anyone please have any ideas as to get me excited about a boy? Especially my husband...he's not the sporting type or social type so it's not like he's one to play footie and stereotypical lad stuff like that with him.

Trust me hun when you get your bfp you won't give a flying frog what sex the baby is, and by the time you've safely got through the traumas of Tri 1, the nasty surprises of Tri 2 and the agony of Tri 3 you'll just be so happy to get there and hold your baby it won't matter.
Take nothing for granted, don't worry about what could be so far in the future (if you ask all the girls in long term ttc they would all tell you they never knew ttc could be so heart breaking or take so long. I never thought for 1 minute it would take me 10 years), concentrate on the here and now, keeping you and oh happy and healthy in prep for your bfp.
You will love your baby no matter what. You get this overwhelming love that just fills your every waking moment and everything else doesn't matter any more xxxxxxxxxx

I didnt care what I got but for some reason I was convinced that LO was a girl. I found out at my 20 week scan that bubs is a boy. I was in shock for a few days just because I'd had it in my head for ages that I'd have a girl. Finding out the sex really helped me bond with bubs a bit more. This is my first so everything is new to me. Ive been able to plan and buy things for a boy and am really excited to meet him.

I agree with the others you will just be so pleased to hold your healthy baby! Ps love the name choice fir a girl ;-)

I really really really wanted a girl with my first and didn't find out at my 20wk scan cos I thought I would be upset if they tell me it's a boy I
Loved my baby so much but couldn't help wanting a little girl so we stayed team yellow,
I had my baby 5 days late and he was a gorgeous baby boy when they put him on me I couldn't stop crying at the gilt I felt I loved him so much and didn't care one little bit he was a boy I felt horrible for the way I had felt before and kept telling him all the time how much i loved him and would swop him in a million years.

For me it was better not finding out till he was born as I think I know it horrible I was of been upset but them handing you your baby boy is a totally different thing xxxxx

My story with my son was the same as Ninja kitty, I really thought I was having a girl! I found out the sex and was disappointed to start but then really bonded.
Since then and when was born, I have never ever been disappointed ,little boys are sooooooo loving and sooo cuddlly and affectionate and they really love their mummys. Its been like a whole new love affair for me!
I always dreamt of having a girl and it is still my dream, im very close to my mum and would love that relationship with a daughter.
I bought the shettles book online which tells you how you can sway your chances of conceiving a girl. We have tried this and I have had two BFP's but and sadly both pregnancies I lost. (we said with these that we would stay team yellow, as like lanny didnt want to feel disappointed at 20wk scan and wanted to have a surprise as this would be our last baby).
Now I just want another baby, you will never ever be disappointed when you hold that baby in your arms believe me you just wont!!
xx

I agree with the others, you really won't mind once you have your beautiful baby in your arms. One way to help is think how much you love your OH and imagine a cute mini baby version of him. Even though your OH not sporty type he will develop other hobbies with a son, my dad and brother are not sporty but are car mad so I'm sure they will have something in common, after all we do get a lot of our parents traits. I'm lucky enough to have one of each now and boys and girls are just as cute and lovely as each other. You will just be so happy when you get your BFP baby's sex won't matter, and you never know you might get the little girl you dream of, it's a 50-50 chance after all!

I can totally relate to you blackrose, although I'm the other way round. OH already has two girls so I would love to give him a boy, plus I was a bit of a tomboy myself (still am in a way) and hate all things pink and girly! However, I can see myself having a girl though,whenever I imagine ahead I always picture a girl and have no difficulties thinking about girl names, whereas with boy names I'm struggling! But as others have said, when (if) I hold that baby in my arms I don't think I will have a care in the world as to what sex it is. I would just be glad to become pregnant in the first place at this stage! Anyway, not quite sure where I'm going with this but just wanted to let you know that others are feeling this way as well.

Interesting point about keeping the sex a secret til the birth though so as not to feel disappointed at the 20wk scan.

Thankyou. I know I womt mind but imnreally worried about my OH. I mean, men don't have the same longing and maternal instincts..even men that want a baby more than women.
I'm worried he womt be excited or bond with the baby.
He wont even think of it as a boy lol.
I'm sure we agreed we would not find out tue sex till it's born but I'm thinking about the being excited bit where you find out it's a girl after all...or it's a boy and helps you bond.
I dunno what's best really, something to talk about I suppose.
So I was asking my sis at the scan where you can find the sex out, how can you see your baby without knowing cos you can often see the privates..but she said you can't see them on the scan. I've read plenty of stories where you can see straight away that it's a boy though!

hate to be a downer hun but i think maybe you should try and relax and stop worrying about every possible avenue your pregnancy could go. i mean its nice to dream and i know how it feels to want it so bad you cry but it wont help ttc if your stressing about something that may never even be an issue if you get me?

I agree with bev, you seem to have loads of concerns and be stressing about things that might not even be an issue once you're actually pregnant x

Sent from my knackered iPhone

Thanks ladies!! I am a perfectionist, that's my problem and when I know things can't be controlled I feel very anxious. I got enough here to think about as it is and whatever is meant to be will be so I gotta stop worrying!! Easier said than done but I'm so glad I found this forum full of such friendly lovely ladies to help me! :)
I often wonder if there ever any men lurking on here? Lol. If there are they probably wouldn't stay long. Far too pretty and pink for them lol

I really wanted a girl always and didn't know if I could handle a boy, and when I got my bfp I thought it was a girl, til just before my 12 week scan then I knew he was a boy. At the 20 week scan we found out he was defo a boy, andI already loved him so much. Honestly when it's your baby it doesn't matter, you just love them unconditionally! I would love to have a boy and a girl, but if this baby is a boy too it won't matter at all because he will be loved and will make our family complete xxxxxxx

I'm with Bev too. When you start ttc you may change your mind, especially if it doesn't happen over night, which for many of us it doesn't. You'll just want your BFP and boy or girl, it will be a blessing.

In the meantime, enjoy wtt and nights out with your OH and friends (with a wee cocktail or 2) whilst you can :)

xxxx

Last edited:
I thought all my life i wanted a girl, found out at 20 weeks i was having a little soldier, after my initial 20 second shock i surprisingly welcomed it and wouldnt have it any othr way, its strange how ur mind works, as said before, u really wont care, but i know where ur comimg from

Good luck oh and baby boys are the best hehehe!

I'm trying so hard to make the most of life now before a baby comes, not that we do much anyway or go anywhere really. I recently felt like I wasn't bothered as much anymore and panicked but now here I am back to being the broody wife lol.
I just nearly cried my eyes out. I am quite excited for a boy now actually, tho still have a preference for a girl.
My husband just asked me what was wrong as I mustve looked like I was about to cry.
I don't like to talk about it ALL the time, as he is still coming round to the idea of a baby.
He said he knows it must be like I feel so empty and inpatient for our LO. He said it won't be long and made an effort to ask what I'm looking forward to the most and how I want its first birthday to be like. Such a sweetie. Aaargh I'm going insane! All these baby thoughts...why cant I just relax and enjoy the time we have now?

You sound pretty stressed about the whole thing, I think you need to try and relax a bit hun, it'll be more fun when you are ready to ttc then x

^^^ WSS.
I secretly hoped for a little girl as my OH already has a son. We stayed Team Yellow as I wanted the surprise. We had a little boy and I adore him. He's my little man and I wouldn't swap him for a girl if u paid me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back