How much formula does your baby take and how often?

jennifer1981

Reaction score
How much formula does your baby take and how often?

LO is taking between 4 to 5 fl oz every 3 hours. He has taken this amount for the last 4 weeks or so and has always fed every 3 hours from when he was born.

I thought he would want more feed every couple of weeks but it has stayed static for a while now. Should i be concerned or try and make him have more than he's having or is what he is taking enough?

I'm by no means an expert but I generally go by the rule that they will let you know if they need more! You can always try bigger bottles and see whether your LO takes more than usual.

Faith started on 120ml bottles and then we put it up but she just wasn't drinking it and we were wasting loads so we put it down again, then she started taking more so we upped them again - follow your bubs lead :)

Main thing is that they are gaining weight :) xx

I really wouldnt worry to be honest, your lo will let you know if he wants more, they usualyy say when they start draining the bottle to put it up an oz and see how they go, but he is doing well my lo is 5months old and only has 5 oz in a feed. The main thing is your lo is gaining weight

DD is drinking pretty much the same now as she did at 4 or 5 weeks.

Your little one will soon let you know when there still hungry! If they arefeeding more frequently then that then I would add a extra ounce or two :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back