How much formula?

Bella2

Reaction score
Just wondered how much formula people are giving their babies and how long go inbetween feeds? My little girl will be 3 weeks tomorrow, she's been on 3 ounces since I gave up breastfeeding at 5 days but the longest she goes inbetween is 3 hours. Would it be wise for me to up her to 4 ounces to see if she goes longer inbetween? She weighs around 7 pounds now x x

i went with the rule, if lo drained 2oz, i gave him 3. when he started to drain the 3oz, moved him up to 40z and so on. i also didnt really go by the hours, i just bottle fed on demand! sometimes i would also drop an oz if he wasnt finishing. i was breast feeding up to 8weeks so i know its a bit different as i couldnt really tell how much he was having. hopefully the other ladies will have more advice!

best asking midwife or health visitor hun as they can see how she is in real life if she is thriving on what she is having or not. hard to say over the internet best get professinal advice x

I was the same as Amy, if he drained a bottle, I'd up an ounce, if he started not finishing bottles, I'd lower it.
Charley set his own routine of every 3 hours, however much I tried doing every 4 hours he'd go mad and want feeding every 3!

Elexia is on 4oz's every four hours, shes like clockwork, she is drinking all the 4oz's but when i gave her 5oz's she was really sickly so we are back down to 4oz's for now x x

yes hun if LO is happily taking 3oz and has started to sleep a bit less then its a good time to up oz's to 4 per bottle. Then when draining 4oz go up again...

O has 8 oz every 4 hours and sleeps from 7pm to 6.30 with no feed. We r starting him on a little baby rice to make sure he full and content xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back