How reliable are internet cheapies??

Adrianna

Reaction score
Hi ladies i'm new to this site and just wanted some advice, opinions?

I suspected i could be pregnant due to lots of CM tiredness and mild stomach and back and upper thigh aches. It was only 2 weeks before hand that i had unprotected sex and it was on the last day of my period so i was certain the tests wouldn't detect the hormones.

Anyway my freind has a bunch of internet cheapies so she suggested i took one.
Well i did and the first one came up a very dark thick positive line
I took about 4 more throughout the course of the next two days but they came up neg. One came up very very very faint almost looked like there was nothing there just a light pink smudge.

My freind has 2 little boys and she used these internet cheapies for both of her pregnancies. For her 1st one most of the strips came up positive,
However for her 2nd pregnancy the strips didnt detect that she was preg even when she was past 3 months.

What do you guys think? Should i trust this cheapie test?

If I were you I'd buy a clear blue digi, you can't go far wrong with them and I think they are fairly trustworthy by all accounts. If that says yes then it's a yes. Good luck hunni xxx

I bought 25 tests from Ebay theyre 10MIU so are very good and they were about £4.60 including postage. Id recommend them.

I think the cheapies work differently for everyone for some reason. Some rate them and some women find they are crap and do not show positive results even if they are a few weeks into their pregnancy. Personally, I think First Response tests are the best, blue dye tests such as Clear Blue are notorious for evap lines and generating false positives so would definitely go for the FR. :)

x x

Last edited:
My problem with cheapy tests is not really their reliability, it's that I just don't trust them. I found myself doing one, not believing the result because it was cheap then running out and spending more money on a cb digi or fr xxx

I started off using the clear blue Diggi OPKs and then I switched to the cheapies and they are just as good for me.

xx

Thanks guys, we will see if they give a false pos if AF turns up. Who knows! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back