Introducing Baby Chloe!!

bulb

Reaction score
Hey all just thought I'd leave a quick message to let you all know that baby Chloe Louise arrived on Wednesday 9th July @ 4.06am weighing 6lbs 13oz. (I will put a picture on later)

The labour was a bit weird in that I'd been admitted to hospital on Monday night for monitoring as they found that I had low fluid (they thought some of my waters had gone first of all!). No more leaks overnight :oops: but I slowly contracted all evening. I knew that lunchtime Monday I hadn't dilated any as when they checked me I was still closed and thick and Chloe's head was still really high (she never even engaged properly)!

They let me go out for the day on Tuesday but I had to be back in hospital at teatime as they were gonna start the induction process. Midwife came and checked me at 8pm to put in the prostin and found that I was 3-4cms!!!! I had been contracting all day and it was only at about 5pm that they started to take my breath away a bit, but you could still just take a couple of deep breaths through it. They left me overnight and decided to break my waters about 6am to get things really going. Or so they thought.....

.....about 12.30pm I woke up and the contractions were more painful that I couldn't sleep through them, but not bad enough I would've described it as the labour I expected. As delivery suite was quiet they decided to take me over and break my waters and get things started earlier. So about 2am (after a long hot bath) I went over and was getting pains every few minutes, so I rang the OH to make his way in. Typical man he fell back asleep for 10mins and wondered if it was real before checking his phone and seeing that I'd actually rang!! By the time he managed to get into locked fortress that was the hospital, the midwife had put me on the monitor before she broke my waters.

At 3.10 she broke my waters and I was still only 4cms, but the moment she did it the pain became a lot stronger! OH arrived at 3.15 to find me i more pain than he left me. I went into the pool where they just intensified so much!! I obviously screamed a bit (understatement)!!! Had one contraction on the gas and air and hated it, didn't like the water either, found it too cold (unlike the really nice hot bath I'd had earlier which helped)! Managed to finally get out of the water after 10mins of being in there and when she examined me the midwife found that I was ready to push!!! I remember her just keep saying the head is right there which I couldn't believe as I was only 4cms 20mins prior. Well after 15mins of pushing Chloe came flying out!! Literally!!

When she came out she had her cord around her neck and didn't breath as quick as they would've liked as she was so stunned at what had just happened! As was I! A quick whiff of oxygen and she was fine, was very pink when she came out anyway so I don't think that they were to concerned that her delayed breathing was a huge problem.

All in all an amazing birthing experience (all be it very quick)! I would recommend it to anyone and do it again! Although not for a few years!!

Good Luck Girls due soon, and those already given birth lets enjoy every waking minute with this special gift!

CONGRATULATIONS

Heres a toast to all the new mums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tht sounds like a nice experience.

Welcome to the world little Chloe :wave: :wave: :wave:

Congratulations :cheer: Can't wait to see the pic of little Chloe :D

Congratulations :cheer: wow such a quick birth! I hope mine is as quick! Sounds like you did fantastic though, well done :hug:

ohhhh hello little chloe....

congrats on the birth of your little girl..
my new little girls called chloe too.. xx :hug:

Congratulations! At least you tried the pool and gas & air, did you do the rest without any pain relief? If so, you fooking megastar!! :shock:

Sounds like a brilliant labour, must have been a shock when she "flew" out lol. Hope my Evie does the same!

It's strange as I have this one track mind about labour and how labour goes... It's really nice to hear about a labour that is so different to the one I have pictured in my head! Gives me hope that I won't die from the pain!

Well done, sounds like you did a fab job! & congratulations on baby Chloe! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back