Is anyone else...

LaurenMM

Reaction score
Reluctant to take their LO out in this weather?! I know that sounds awful but I get so worried about her over heating and getting dehyrated. She's still taking her milk just fine (4 x 8ozs a day) but she won't take water or juice very well at all. I took her for a walk in the park with a friend today she was in shorts and a t shirt, her hat (the hats that cover their ears + neck) her baby sunglasses and I slathered her in suncream and she still felt very warm. How long is it ok to keep them outside? xx

Weather like this ENCOURAGES me out!!

I love it! I got Tyler asleep in his buggy and I lay on the grass in the sun reading a BOOK, yes a BOOK! And had some me time :D :D

If I'm at home too many distractions things to do etc.

I was in India for a month when LO was five months and it was 35-40c most days. I found that just nappy was the only way of keeping cool, i think clothes make them warmer, especially a hat as it keeps the heat in and that is how they regulate their temp.

Of course the only problem with that is sun is direct on them, so i think its good to have a parasol (is it worth the expense for the very few days sunshine we get!) or just put the lid up. I also used factor 50 suncream allover. We went in the pool most days and he never even got a tan! So it must have worked.

Wish i'd taken my own advice on suncream today...missed a few bits on the shoulders - ouch!

Ah thanks hun I did wonder about the hat! I've just got a new pushchair so might venture into Babies R Us and see if they've got any parasols for it. She certainly seemed fine still alert and eventually got sleepy. I just get very paranoid about her overheating lol. I love this weather and I wanna make the most of it I just wasn't sure how long to stay out etc. I'm staying at my mums atm and there's no parks within walking distance and I especially hate taking her out in the car, obviously I put the AC but it takes ages to kick in and it's absolutely boiling and stuffy I really hate taking her out in it. Pinky I would so love to do that but she rarely sleeps in her buggy now, too nosey :p xx

Is she on solids yet lauren? Charlie won't take water or juice but he will take pureed fruit that's watery like apples n oranges? So its not as good as chugging water but its still fluids. I hardly drink any fluids myself I don't know how I've stayed alive x

im just making sure she is shaded and not wearing too much, the hat is for when shes in the sun really and i will take extra milk and keep it in the bag and cool i think. going out for a picnic tomorrow

Yeah hun she's on 3 meals a day and I have given lots of cucumber today which I guess is a bit watery? She certainly seems ok so I think I am overreacting a bit. I remember getting really bad heat exhaustion a few years ago, I wasn't drinking enough and getting that made me feel terrible and it lasted ages too. I know it's a bit different for babies; I think I scare myself by reading too much about don't do this and do this lol xx

Ah thanks hun I did wonder about the hat! I've just got a new pushchair so might venture into Babies R Us and see if they've got any parasols for it. She certainly seemed fine still alert and eventually got sleepy. I just get very paranoid about her overheating lol. I love this weather and I wanna make the most of it I just wasn't sure how long to stay out etc. I'm staying at my mums atm and there's no parks within walking distance and I especially hate taking her out in the car, obviously I put the AC but it takes ages to kick in and it's absolutely boiling and stuffy I really hate taking her out in it. Pinky I would so love to do that but she rarely sleeps in her buggy now, too nosey :p xx

Oh god I'm dreading that! Had 2 lovely afternoons reading in the park, I've got far too used to it lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back