Jack William - 12/08/07 - ** updated with some pics

krystal&jack

Reaction score
Hello,

not sure if I'm remembered as not been on for months cos my laptop broke. Anyway, Jack has now made an appearance so thought I'd post my birth story.

I woke @ 5:30am on Sunday morning with a bit of tummy ache. Went to loo and noticed I'd had a little bleed so assumed this was a show. I didn't really notice and contractions at first. During the day the pains started coming more regularly but kept changing. sometimes 15 mins between sometimes 8 and they weren't too painful. About 5 in afternoon I felt wet and thought it was poss my waters so called hospital and they told me to go in for a check up. Went to hospital and they did internal and I was only 2 cm dilated :? agreed with the midwife that it was best i went home for a while as contractions still weren't regular. Walked to car and by the time i got there it was about 7pm. contractions became really painful and felt like i only had a break of 10 secs between each one so turned back around and went into hospital again.

When I got back to labour ward i was in so much pain they gave me gas and air first then i asked for epidural which i had been against having all way through pregnancy, that was before i realised how painful it was gonna be!! they called man who gives u epidural and I was having drips put in etc. I remember a lot of docs coming into room and I thought that they were there to give me epidural and I was a bit confused cos of gas and air and the pain. Then i remember hearing that baby's heart rate had really dropped. the docs were there to break my waters and had to scrath baby's head to test blood for oxygen and if too low they were gonne give me emergency c section. luckily the oxygen was fine and next minute I was pushing. 2 pushes later and Jack was out! and so gorgeous too.

midwife said I was only in established labour for 1 hour so guess I was pretty lucky. Was a scary experience and very very painful but i'd do it again tomorrow for that feeling of holding jack for first time. It was amazing.

:hug:

don't have any from when he was first born on my comp but here is Jack at 12 days old!

Congratulations hun thats brilliant news and welcome baby Jack,

Congratulations on the birth of Jack! :dance:

Hope to see some photos soon. :D

hey there! it has been a long time and you've been busy!
Congratulations :cheer:
xxxxx

Congrats hun :hug: :hug:

Had to do a double take at his name because my boys name is Jake William lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member