Measuring 2cm bigger

dula

Reaction score
Hi All

I am 34 weeks and measuring 36cm. Is it likely my baby is going to be big or could it just be fluid?

Thanks x

i think the tummy measurements are fairly unreliable, im sure if ur consistently big they will send u for a growth scan, dont worry :D

There are usually inconsitencies in the measurements, they usually allow 2-3cm either way anyways :hug:

Yeah I agree. wouldn't worry about it too much!

My friends waters popped and she went from 44 cm!! to 38 when she was 39 weeks.

Kim x x x x

with my 1st i was measuring 2-3cm bigger all the way through but she was quite small she weighed 7lb 10oz at birth. im also measuring 2-3cm bigger this time too

i think how the baby is led can change the size slightly :D

It's just a rough guide. 2cm is nothing to worry about and is really no indication of baby size.

I was measuring 30cm at my 28 week appointment, my midwife said they are happy to go 2cm either way because it's not particularly reliable. I've not seen her since so don't know if I'm still big or not (I don't feel it!).

Hi,

I measured 2cm ahead the whole time with my son and he was 9lb 6oz.

I think if it is consistent it may be a bigger baby. But just the odd big measurement doesn't mean much as baby can move around alot. Later on when baby is engaged you may lose a couple of cm as his head is in your pelvis :)

Lau
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back