Need your ideas

tinytoes

Reaction score
I'm planning on preparing some nice healthy meals and freezing them for after I have had the baby as I reckon I'll be pretty shattered . Only thing is I'm not not sure what to cook that will freeze well , has anyone got any nice recipies or ideas for me please xxxx

anything mince based like spag bol, lasagne, shepherds pie etc will freeze well. x

you could do:

bolognese
chilli
cottage pie meat mix
curries
stews
soups
potato hash
nom nom nom. will be so much easier for you!

Someone told me that onions dont freeze well , but I'm sure its not true is it ?

theyve always frozen ok for me i dont notice any difference tbh x

cheese and potato pie freezes well x

What about some nice noodle dishes in a sauce??

Homemade soups too

i freeze,

lasagne
cottage pie
curry
my parents plate dinners if theres leftovers wrap in cling film and freeze a whole plated dinner lmao xx

I have a question about this... I always used to want to make things and freeze them but got put off as I'm not sure how to re cook them after they've been frozen? E.g I've made macaroni cheese before and frozen it but when cooked again the sauce was awful :( maybe just chose a bad thing to freeze? Any tips? Sorry to butt in! Xx

Using Tapatalk

I don't freeze macaroni for the same reason! So I'd be interested in any ideas too.

pasta is deffo not good frozen & reheated...well in my experiences anyway! lol. i usually reheat soups, stews and sauces in a pan on a low heat! the rest i leave to defrost & usually whack in the microwave!!!

Stews and casseroles are really good to freeze.
things like soup and stuff aswell. I dont freeze pasta

Did a chicken pie , steak pie , two boxes of sausage rolls today . I'll do some stufffed chicken breast and bacon tomorrow I think and a lasagane . Should be enough to keep me going :)

i love soup! its sooooo easy too!!! i did a bacon and tomato one which was absolutely lush!!!
2 tins tomatoes
bacon
onion
carrot
celery
black pepper
veg stock

basically brown the bacon and veg and the toms, simmer for about 20mins and then blend! i seved with grated cheese and pitta breads!!! nom.

I freeze so much stuff, I always buy the bigger value packs, Ive got a massive pot (I call it my cauldron :lol: ) and I make huge amounts of stuff and then freeze 4 or 5 portions aswell as eating it that night. Saves time, money and avoids buying ready meals. When I reheat anything I always pour 2 or 3 oz of boiled water over them and stir before putting in the microwave, the process of frezing and defrosting seems to make tha water dissapear. Ive got a lot of little lasagne dishes for 1-2 people and I never make a big one, unless we're having people round, I make 4 little ones and freeze. Same with minced beef hash, cottage pie...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back