New in UK, and new to pregnancy...

flower child

Reaction score
Hello lovely Ladies, :wave:

I'm new in the UK and don't know a lot about the health system. Got my BFP last week and calculated to be on week 7 now!

Hurray! :dance:

Have tender breasts, a bit of a headache, no sickness, and no clue what to expect... How does this whole pregnancy thing goes around here? When do you get blood tests? Ultrasounds? ?Are there other tests?

Will be glad to hear from you all!

Love and hugs,

flower

Welcome to the Uk and PF. If you go down to your GP (If you have one yet) they will refure you to a midwife who will explain to you what happens next you should have a scan at around 12 wekks and again at 20 weeks, I think you have bloods at your 20 week scan but you may have them before I cant remeber sorry. all the other tests the midwife will tell you about at your booking apointment.

Good luk hope you have a happy healthy 9 months ahead of you :) xx

Congrats on your pregnancy! Once I made an appointment with my GP she referred me to the midwife who then made appointment with the hospital for me for my 12 scan. I had blood tests with both the midwife and the hospital (it may depend on individual circumstance as to how many blood test you will need).

Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months :)

Well what i did was - i went to the doctors and booked in with the midwife who i didn't see until 9 weeks, They never did a test just took my word. Then they will take your details and medical history and give you a pack with your notes and lots of infomation booklets in. They send of for you a card that comes in the post that gives you free perscriptions and free dental care. You get this even if you work.

Every time you visit the midwife she will book your ext appointment... You will be booked in for your 12 week scan, they use this to date your pregnancy,
you then have a 20 week scan.
Your midwife will write down when you will have the blood tests taken in your notes, its done at one of your midwife appointments.
If everything is fine you will continue to see midwife, have urine and blood pressure tested every time and heartbeat listened to (after 16 weeks.)
They will do more blood tests at around 28 weeks. And thats it really if everything is normal. Good Luck with your pregnancy. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back