Night Feed Question Formula

Kiranxxx

Reaction score
Hi,

Please could you tell me whether it's ok to:

Boil water and pour into a thermos
Put required formula in a container
Have a bottle sterilized and take this up to my room so that I can make the feed when required usually 5am?

Last night I made 4oz of boiled water in a bottle and kept at room temp then the rest of the water was in a thermos but at 5am when i added the 1oz to the bottle the feed wasn't warm enough.

Yes, its perfectly fine. We do it a bit different: pour boiled water into the sterelised bottle,take it upstairs, we keep there kettle and pack of formula, when Danny needs a feed we just boil kettle, add hot boiled water to cooled boiled water to make it warm and add needed amount of scoops. :hug:

Carina said:
Yes, its perfectly fine. We do it a bit different: pour boiled water into the sterelised bottle,take it upstairs, we keep there kettle and pack of formula, when Danny needs a feed we just boil kettle, add hot boiled water to cooled boiled water to make it warm and add needed amount of scoops. :hug:

i do that too... except i put "x" amount of scoops in a little tub so its quicker to pour the formula in than to scoop it out.

but ive just bought a flask so will be using that tonight instead as it will save so much time than waiting for the kettle to boil.
plus its a travel kettle i take upstairs with me and keep in my bedroom and its really small... but the lead to the plug is also really short so it has to be close the plug which i hate the thought of incase it spills over :shock: :shock: :shock:

so will see how i get on with the flask tonight.
hopefully ill be making super fast feeds!! lol

Flasks are a god send when youve got to make a bottle up in the night. i have a flask of cooled boiled water and a flask of boiled water and bring the box of formula up to next to his cot. So when he wakes i usually put 4oz of the cold water 2oz of the boiled and add the scoops and its ready usually before he's fully awake. usually drops off while im feeding him then. which is always nice at 4am!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back