Night time tantrums

Kylie1007

Reaction score
Finn will go off to bed at 6ish without a fuss at all. He's bathed, changed and fed and then he's pretty much asleep and has been sleeping through till 10 when he wakes for a feed. However the past few days he's been waking up an hour or so later with inconsolable crying! His dad can't get him to stop and I have to go up and either try to feed him again or cuddle him to calk him down. Any ideas? I'm wondering why this has suddenly started.

aww poor finn, is he cutting a tooth? glenn woke up an hour after being put down, he was doing this for abut 4 or 5 days, he wasnt crying but he was unsettled, he has today cut his first tooth so i reckon he could have been waking with pain, does it sound like a pain cry?

It does sound as if he's in pain but he's absolutely fine all day - I thought he might be grumpy throughout the day if he was getting teeth?

Glenn has been fine, happy as larry in the day but he has been unsettled in the night and its not like him at all, he has been tossing and turning bless him and then yesterday he had a runny nose for the first time ever and then this morning when he woke i saw a bump on his gum and then it broke through late morning,,,he went to bed tonight and he hasnt woke up yet (fingers crossed) but i did give him a dose of Nurofen for the pain.
It may be that Finn might be getting a tooth hun, its the only thing i can think of suggesting.x

midna said:
I hate night time lol ..thats all I can say :lol:

Hmm I don't look forward to going to sleep. Finn's waking every 2/3 hours still. I know he can go for longer stretches because he will sometimes go from 6pm through till 11pm yet after 11, he wakes regularly.

Kylie1007 said:
midna said:
I hate night time lol ..thats all I can say :lol:

Hmm I don't look forward to going to sleep. Finn's waking every 2/3 hours still. I know he can go for longer stretches because he will sometimes go from 6pm through till 11pm yet after 11, he wakes regularly.

Ditto both of you. It's after 12 for me when LO isn't teething. I'm running in and out of her room every 5 minutes between 12 and 6am. .. unless of course she gets up at 4am :(

And when she IS teething...can't talk about it...too painful for me :)

it does get better hun :hug: luke still does this now when he has a tooth coming.

newmum said:
Ditto both of you. It's after 12 for me when LO isn't teething. I'm running in and out of her room every 5 minutes between 12 and 6am. .. unless of course she gets up at 4am :(

And when she IS teething...can't talk about it...too painful for me :)

I wouldn't mind getting up at 7 every morning if I had had a full nights sleep - or even from 2-7 would do.

Lo seems to be stuck at 4 hours as a sleeping limit. She wakes up after every 4 hours and seems to be hungry. The only exception is between 6pm and midnight when she can go the 6 hours without another feed. Why she can't do that between 12 and 6 I don't know. :think:

newmum said:
Lo seems to be stuck at 4 hours as a sleeping limit. She wakes up after every 4 hours and seems to be hungry. The only exception is between 6pm and midnight when she can go the 6 hours without another feed. Why she can't do that between 12 and 6 I don't know. :think:
ditto!

I know what you mean...mia slept through from 5 weeks to 4 months...maybe its an age thing as ive noticed all out lo's are of a similar age...i just want them to come through :wall: i really dont know if i can deal with this until she is 2 :cry: :cry:

hiya all,

just posted in the health issues section on a similar topic.

Ash had his first teeth last week without any fuss.

But tonight he's been awful. Woke an hour after going to bed with inconsolable screaming!

I didn't realise teething could be this bad? Am I right in thinking it can get this bad or should I be worried that he's really seriously ill?

He's finally gone off again now after calpol and a LOT of cuddles.

K.xx

He did it again - in to his cot at 6.30, half an hour later he's wide awake and crying!

Hi Girls

I just wanted to give you all :hug: and say it does get better.

It could be an age thing; as all your bubbas are close in age but if it is teething; remember that it is probably going to be more painful at night in bed because of the pressure.
Have any of you tried the New era teething granules or Ashton and Parsons teething powders?

Hope things get better for you soon :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back