obsessed with testing

trixipaws

Reaction score
when i got pregnant with millie, i took 3 tests- one cheap one from morrisons which i expected to be BFN, then i splashed out on a clearblue (not digi) to confirm my BFP, and the doctors did one, that was it. the clearblue came in a pack of 2 and the other one from the pack stayed in my drawer until i got pregnant again over 2 years later!

when i had my m/c in november after my BFP on the aforementioned spare clearblue non-digi i wanted to kno how many weeks i was so bought a pack of 2 digi conception indicators. took one at 4 weeks 6 days and indicator said 2-3. i was at EPU the next day and had hcg levels taken, the next 48 hours was agonising waiting to have another test to tell me whether or not i was mc'ing- but before i had the second hcg blood test i took the second digi test in the pack- at 5 weeks 2 days it said 1-2. my heart sank when i saw the reading was less than the one 3 days earlier i knew what was happening. i had 3 hcg blood tests, after my last one had dropped to 187 (what wouldve been 6 weeks 2 days) they said i didnt need any more bloods just keep doing preg tests until i got a BFN. it was quite tough watching the BFPs fade :(

this time, i'm not having any bleeding like the mc this one feels good like the pregnancy with millie :) but whereas 2 home tests was enough to convince me i was pregnant then, this time i keep going getting more tests, i keep testing with bated breath worrying that the line might be fainter than the previous :( i'v done SEVEN tests now! since i got my first BFP only one week ago! equivalent to one test every day! (altho some days i havent tested, others iv taken 2 :oops: ) i live 5 mins from home bargains and theyre only 89p it seems like nothing to just pick one up :oops: but cant keep doing this!
and also, i was charting for NFP and i am STILL doing it, im obsessed with taking my temperature, worried that it might go down!

how can i chill out?!?!

im not much help hun, i was the same and i was still doing them at 16 weeks, it become a obsession, then from 16 weeks till 24 weeks i kept going to the doctors so they could listening to the heartbeat.
just try and relax hun, i know its easier said than done. Can't you ask your gp for an early scan this time?

I haven't got any advice to help you chill out hun.
But up until CD 55 I was still temping, i was too scared to not iykwim? like if i stopped i might jinx it or something.
And i couldn't stop testing either, the most recent one being CD 53 (7w1d)
I would probably be testing everday too if i lived near home bargains.
I think it just takes time. I'm still scared that on day i'm going to wake up and it wasn't real or something.
I'm sorry, i'm not really helping. I guess what i'm trying to say is that its normal to need that reassurance after a loss.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you hun, and sending loads of sticky vibes your way.
xxx

i'm panicking about the testing today! iv tested again :oops: and the BFP was fainter than yesterdays :( however i'd drunk 2 MASSIVE mugs of tea and a can of coke all within 90 minutes of waking up lol so my wee was clear like water! i'm hoping its just diluted :pray: but iv got another test ready so im gonna not drink anything til after lunch and test when i get really thirsty :|

GRR its annoying coz i'm having no blood loss like the mc, if i'd only done 2 home tests like when i was preg with millie i'd be none the wiser and not be worrying now. but all this testing isnt doing me any good! but i HAVE to do another one otherwise i'll worry about the fainter one earlier :( so thats gonna be 2 tests today :oops:

:( i'm just so frightened of it happening again! dont think i could handle 2 :(

:pray:

ok as stated above i tested again after a liquids fast for 5 hours- i am pleased to report A NICE STRONG BFP! :cheer:

i cant keep fretting like this tho. have foned the doctors and made myself an appointment (gotta wait til thursday coz work mon&tues and dentist in town on wednes) i'm gonna ask to be referred to EPU for an early scan. if i see a healthy baby & heartbeat then it should pacify me enough to stop testing every 2 seconds :doh: hopefully!

I hope they get you an early scan hun. It made a difference to me when I had the scan at 6 and a half weeks.
Yesterday I got my letter for my 12 week scan and its so so far away, and now i'm all scared I won't make it that far.
I don't think I could cope with another mc either hun, so defo push for them to get you in for an early scan (but not too early, try and hold out to 7 weeks) so you can see your squiggle :hug: :pray:
Lots of stickydust for you. xx

I kept charting for about a week and a half after my BFP and have taken 3 tests so far (I am trying to space them out at even intervals and have one left to take. After which I will no doubt buy some more).

I don't know why I do it either but it's a coping mechanism hon. Try not to get too worked up about strength of lines etc etc as it will just drive you mad and maybe try to wean yourself off the tests (do one every other day or something).

I agree about the early scan. I had to fight tooth and claw for mine (7+1 I'll be) and that's after 2 successive m/cs so be prepared to stand up for yourself (although I'm sure they're much nicer over there). But it will put your mind at ease that everything is going well.

In the mean time here are some :hug: :hug: :hug: and I really hope you can stop yourself worrying so much
xxxxx

I did just as many. I think the thing is, if the worse is to happen then your test isn't going to show any difference anyway. Once I convinced myself that I could move on from the tests. I think the scan is what makes it real xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back