Obstetric Cholestasis

emmab

Reaction score
I've read the sticky thread at the top of the board, but was just wondering if anyone has any experience of this at the moment?

Went to see a consultant on Wednesday due to previous large baby to discuss elective c-section, VBAC, etc and the first thing he asked me was did I have eczema?(He must have seen my hands!) Didn't really know what he was getting at but told him I'd been itching since about 28-29 weeks on hands and lower legs. I hadn't really thought anything of it, thought it was just central heating etc I sometimes get dry skin in the winter, but he thinks its worse as I've stratched until I bleed!

Took blood tests but not getting the results until next Wednesday, but I've read they can deliver as early 35 weeks, well I'm 35 weeks today!
I guess I just feel a bit stupid for not mentioning it before!

If eczema is normal for you don't feel stupid for not mentioning it. This winter has been so bad mine flaired up. Cold dry weather don't help.

Fingers crossed all is ok hunny

Thanks for your reply, I've never had eczema, sorry didn't make that clear!!

My friend just had her baby 4 weeks ago VIA emergency section coz she had oc....can be quite dangerous if undetected so good they are testing you....her liver started closing down during labour and she swelled really bad hence the urgency. Hope all is ok ans if you do have it then your in good hands x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back