Pelvic Girdle Pain

megsmeadow

Reaction score
Hey Folks
I just wanted to update from one of my previous posts about a painful coccyx. Well I saw the physio, unfortunately the pain has been spreading but been particularly bad over the past two weeks. He feels it is pelvic girdle pain which incorporates symphysis pubis dysfunction and a slackening of the sacroiliac joint which presents as coccyx pain. So he gave me a huge long list of things to avoid doing :shock:, basically anything that leaves my pelvis unsupported or overstretches the pelvic joints. That apparently includes swimming!, getting into a 'straddle' position (OH isn't happy about that one!!), stairs, and the list goes on!
So the things he advised were to sit on a gym ball for half an hour every evening to help tone the core muscles. There's no specific exercises, just sitting and the body naturally works to maintain balance. And he gave me a maternity support belt, which I returned to him today since it was too big and had metal bones in it, which was like a corset for my big behind!! He gave me a new smaller one which is much more comfortable, and boy what a difference.
He said crutches may be an option since it's started so early on, but sometimes the baby creates an internal 'core' which actually helps stabilise things which can help, but not always.
So fingers crossed this is as bad as it gets!!!!

You poor thing :( I had SPD with my youngest son and it was horrible :hug:

Fingers crossed that it improves or at least doesnt worsen - Ive started sleeping with a pillow between my knees and my hip pain has gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back